Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
its cool im just pricing things. i just dropped 200 on a wheel this morning so im tapped out this month anyway.

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i like the look! my only question is, why the busa axle?
Thats a good question, the TLS and Busa all years both have triples with 214mm of center fork tube to center fork tube spacing. The GSXR1000 these forks came from have triples with 207mm center to center fork tube spacing. The TLS axle was out from jump st. because the newer style forks do not use a captive spacer in the fork leg like the TLS. The new Busa has pretty much the same legs on it as the GSXR does the only difference is the Busa axle is longer to span the 214mm length the tubes are mounted apart!! Easiest job i've done on this bike!! :knucks:

·
Too Much is ALMOST Enough
309 Posts
Thats a good question, the TLS and Busa all years both have triples with 214mm of center fork tube to center fork tube spacing. The GSXR1000 these forks came from have triples with 207mm center to center fork tube spacing. The TLS axle was out from jump st. because the newer style forks do not use a captive spacer in the fork leg like the TLS. The new Busa has pretty much the same legs on it as the GSXR does the only difference is the Busa axle is longer to span the 214mm length the tubes are mounted apart!! Easiest job i've done on this bike!! :knucks:
Could you have used the GSXR triples? I have dirty bars on my GSXR and I planned on doing a GSXR front end on a Busa (my next project) so I could use my LSL bar kit. I have to say, you have the baddest TLS evAr!!! :rock:

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Could you have used the GSXR triples? I have dirty bars on my GSXR and I planned on doing a GSXR front end on a Busa (my next project) so I could use my LSL bar kit. I have to say, you have the baddest TLS evAr!!! :rock:
You can use GSXR triples on anything if you want it bad enough:knucks: wouldnt be to difficult, just need the GSXR axle and spacers as well! Every Suzuki is very similar in sizes of parts they use, hell most of them all use the same parts!!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I was finally over my jealousy...damn you lol

·
309 Posts
You can use GSXR triples on anything if you want it bad enough:knucks: wouldnt be to difficult, just need the GSXR axle and spacers as well! Every Suzuki is very similar in sizes of parts they use, hell most of them all use the same parts!!
I know the bearing sizes are the same and the triples will fit but I was wondering if there would be any issues since the forks are closer together.

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I know the bearing sizes are the same and the triples will fit but I was wondering if there would be any issues since the forks are closer together.
Not sure, but i assume that it'll work! Its only 7mm difference in the width if the triple's shouldn't cause any issue's:knucks:

·
309 Posts
Not sure, but i assume that it'll work! Its only 7mm difference in the width if the triple's shouldn't cause any issue's:knucks:
Thats true, I guess we'll find out. Thanks

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ok this is going to be a nasty 5 year ressurection but. . . i downloaded pics of this tl when i bought mine in 08 off of google and now i find it here, awesome!! your bike has been my muse for my build ever since i first bought mine.
:thumbsup:
Holy old thread resurrection is right!!!! LOL glad you found it on here!

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
like startin afresh! Nice as fook Sully !:knucks:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts