Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm currently mid way through fitting my ZX10R forks to my ZZR600E (or ZX6E if you're in the USA).

I'm just wondering how to calculate the difference in wheelbase I'll get from this swap?

I have looked up and the ZZR600E has 24.5 degrees / 95mm rake/trail and the 2006 ZX10R has 25 degrees / 106mm. I'm wondering how much difference the 11mm will make?

thanks,
Steve

G

·
Trying to work the rake & trail off the stock frame geometry figures is a pretty pointless exercise for what you are doing mate

The reason being if one front end is shorter or longer than the other it will alter the figures anyway the same goes for different length rear shocks or linkages, i'd drop the new front end in & measure what you get then work out what you need to do to get the geometry you want/need

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to work the rake & trail off the stock frame geometry figures is a pretty pointless exercise for what you are doing mate

The reason being if one front end is shorter or longer than the other it will alter the figures anyway the same goes for different length rear shocks or linkages, i'd drop the new front end in & measure what you get then work out what you need to do to get the geometry you want/need

Lucky for me I have a spare frame with a swinger and wheel, and the full front end I've just removed so I can do one measurement, then the other.

I was just curious - up in the night to feed the baby and waiting for her to drop back off to sleep now!

Fork lengths are both about the same (side by side they seemed the same anyway) and both running a 17" wheel, I have a 120/60-17 from the ZZR rim on the new wheel because funds ran low!

So I guess now my question is, will a 10mm difference in trail and 0.5 degrees of Rake make much difference?

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
What's the difference in offset in the triples?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the difference in offset in the triples?

Not a clue on that unfortunately, and google hasn't yielded the answer.

It's a 93-06 ZX6E / ZZR600E and a ZX10R D6F if you know a good place to get dimensions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts