Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda VFR800 2008 | Yamaha WR250R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says in the title. Longtime lurker of many forums, cars and bikes.

Got a 2008 WR250R supermoto, no crazy deal with that. Buy wheels, put caliper adapter on, trim front brake line guide to route outside the front wheel, smooth edges to not cut brake line.
Wheel Tire Sky Helmet Motorcycle

My daily is a 2008 VFR800 that I'm trying to do a "custom build" on. Already have the parts I want mostly picked out, bought my radiator, just need to do some other stuff in puzzle fashion to get most of the work done. Trying to do a custom build because plastics had to be squeezed and forced on, side fairings don't even line up. Supposed to be the best non oem fairings, but I'll leave that alone for now

Pre wreck
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Motorcycle

Post wreck
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Motorcycle

No pictures of post fairings, looks worse to me than no fairings though.

Like I said, new to posting on forums, don't even really know any etiquette or anything. Just trying to introduce myself and my project I guess. New to retrofitting and serious, non-bolt on customizing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard. Don't worry about etiquette around here we don't give a shit. Which is the same way we feel about fairings
Amen to that, I just want going to take the fairings off just to do it lol. Once I pulled up that post wreck picture it made me want to just take them off again. I loved that look

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,755 Posts
Welcome in the site Jay. Glad we busted your cherry ;) Check out Sebspeed for VFR builds #drool

Reactions: SEBSPEED

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome in the site Jay. Glad we busted your cherry ;) Check out Sebspeed for VFR builds #drool
I haven't found one for his blue meanie build but the warbird is what I'm taking some inspiration from. Then there was a guy in Australia I think that had a thread going and I took some ideas from that too. I just don't know what I'm doing about the harness, I don't want to leave the wires our but I don't know how to clean them up

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,755 Posts
I haven't found one for his blue meanie build but the warbird is what I'm taking some inspiration from. Then there was a guy in Australia I think that had a thread going and I took some ideas from that too. I just don't know what I'm doing about the harness, I don't want to leave the wires our but I don't know how to clean them up
TUCK EM! have to un-tape, re-route, maybe delete SOME (do your research before that) and then find a place to hide them.

Or just be a cunt and cut em off. . leave it for the next guy to deal with lol

Reactions: CK 187

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TUCK EM! have to un-tape, re-route, maybe delete SOME (do your research before that) and then find a place to hide them.

Or just be a cunt and cut em off. . leave it for the next guy to deal with lol
Unfortunately I think the next guy is going to be me, I seem to have a hard time letting bikes go lol. Already started studying the wiring diagram and the wiring routing in the holy vfr holy book, still have more to figure out though

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,755 Posts
Already started studying the wiring diagram and the wiring routing in the holy vfr holy book, still have more to figure out though
this is the way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts