Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick background: my buddy lent his new car to his cousin since his cousin's car was broken and he didn't have money to fix it. His cousin has kids and my buddy didn't want the kids to suffer. Then my buddy borrowed his brother's POS which wouldn't start this morning so he rode to work.

He finds me after lunch and says his front tire is flat AND the battery is dead. I assure him there is no way the battery is dead since I bought him a battery tender and installed the pigtail and told him how to use it. He said he didn't think he had to plug it in every single day since he rode it every day. I reminded him that his ride to work is only 4 minutes and that isn't ample time to charge. Christ

I pumped up the tire with my mini compressor and then noticed the rear tire is practically bald. Foooook.

I bump started it for him and followed him home.

Then I noticed all the other shit...
Running light out and all dash lights
No left signal
No license plate!!!!

I told him I would keep his bike in tip top shape but he never tells me when shit breaks. He isn't mechanically inclined but you'd think you'd know when shit falls off or stops working that somethings up. Do you guys have friends like this or am I a lucky one?

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Nope your not the only one!!!Got friends like that too....Room mate parked his bike after summer.Told him to drain carbs,change oil and get the battery on charge.Easy shit!!!Nothing done 3 months later!!!Bugged hjm again about carbs and shit!!!Nothing done.Wait till riding season and he bitches about how bike wont start and run right!!!Some people just don't get it!!!!!!!

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
most of my ridding buddies are mechanics or mechanically inclined

but i see it daily at work, some dudes just have no clue.... listen to this shit, one day a guy walks in and says i need work on my shadow, i ask what he need, he goes "oh just need a bolt to replace the zip tie hes using on his Honda Shadow" i asked him what the bolt was, he said it was the one right under the seat. i imagined it was the seat bolt or something not all that important. i go to look, he had a zip tie instead of the shocks top bolt (thankfully it was a shadow so twin rear shocks)............... now im the zip tie king, i have so many on my bike i dont even dare to count them... but the shock bolt, fucking come-on!!!!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Nope your not the only one!!!Got friends like that too....Room mate parked his bike after summer.Told him to drain carbs,change oil and get the battery on charge.Easy shit!!!Nothing done 3 months later!!!Bugged hjm again about carbs and shit!!!Nothing done.Wait till riding season and he bitches about how bike wont start and run right!!!Some people just don't get it!!!!!!!

;) def a fart smeller

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Im Not Gonna LieI do all the Work I can to my Bike. and Sometimes I just don't have the money to Fix shit Immediately... I ride 28miles one Way. EVERY DAY. I currently need a rear tire,and front as well. front brakes too. Fork seals and a Chain... Just cant afford parts ATM and its been 8 years since I did a set of forks so that's 200 right there.
This is Why Im Quitting riding for a bit when I get a Truck or van. So I can Give the Bike Much Love. and Hopefully get it in a different chassis so I can Focus on the Fighter Chassis. Dragging ass but not Riding it EVERY day will Help this

Reactions: ROBBO and oldrider

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Everybody has at least one friend like that, or knows someone like that. Then some people just plain don't give a shit and when something breaks down they complain about what a piece of shit that manufacture is.

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
These people are the ones I always seem to get my bikes from...Fml
But I also have my few like this...
And I know I'm lazy but I got my guy to lean on for a few things or to kick me in the ass when I need a push...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts