Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for another project for a little while now and got a raise at my job in a machine shop, so I figured i'd build a fighter. I was looking at the roehr sportbike frame and decided with my cnc skills it could be a fairly simple task. I also have access to professional welders, powdercoaters, anodizers, etc. I drew up a rough idea of how the frame was going to tie together. Basically it would be a two part frame, the main vertical column and the U upper which I plan to make out of steel tubing. I just picked up an 08 gsxr 1000 swingarm, wheel, shock, and right rearset all for $175. So its a start. I plan on getting a hold of some usd forks and an engine before I can finalize the plans for the frame. (mounting points, etc.) On that note if anyone has a good pair of forks laying around and would be willing to part with them for a reasonable price please message me. I'd love to buy within the fighter community opposed to salvage yards on ebay. Same for the engine. I've torn down plenty of carbs in the past and would like to get a hold of a running engine from around mid 90's to early 00's. If anyone has a bandit 12 engine that'd be the best bet I think.

Thanks for your time, like I mentioned before, any good parts you have lying around that you're looking to get rid of hit me up and we'll see if we can come up with a fair price

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Great idea now PM me if you need anything zx6.

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just picked up a pair of 04 636 forks with nissins calipers. Just looking to get a hold of an engine now so I can get to finalizing the frame design. I also need to design and machine a triple tree, of which I will post a pic of the cad model once completed.

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha yes sir, I was carrying em down to the basement to start designing the top triple and heard it sloshin around. Ill post the 3d model when i'm done with it (probably tonight), then see if I can't get it machined and anodized within the next week or so.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice one thanks for confirming that bud :thumbsup: was about to send them off to get looked at sounds like I'm ok thank fuck! Look forward to seeing updates. Take it easy!:robssmilie:

·
V four honda whore
12,414 Posts
This should be interesting

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks good, can't wait too see them cut would like a set of those, went to get mine back today from engineering place no one was about so no joy, you're lucky you got the knowledge and facility's to do this kind of stuff, only perks I get from my works free oil welding supply's and nuts and bolts.

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I apologize for getting everyones hopes up about a scratch built frame, I just don't have the time I thought I was going to have to work on it. So, I've got a whole new suspension and set of brakes...... katana build. looking at a couple of 750 kats, hopefully picking one of em up this week. I've always been a fan of the short solo tails so I picked up a pocket bike tail for $40. I think its going to look pretty sexy.

Ill keep you posted

·
Veni, vidi, vici
460 Posts
Great build. Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Seat unit looks very cool mate.

Subbing :D

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
The tail looks great where did you pic that up so cheap?

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe I googled pocket rocket tail plastic or something along those lines and came across it on ebay. No idea what pocket bike model its from but i loved the lines on it. Found a 750 katana that runs for $850 so if I can I might try and pick that up tomorrow

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Any reason for going the canotuna route? You could get something with more power for a couple bucks more

·
Registered
80 Posts
Excited to see where this goes. Sub'd

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
went to work as soon as I got it off the trailer. Carbs are going to need a thorough cleaning but the bike starts right up every time. swingarm is proving to be a pain in the ass, so I'm going to completely strip it down to just the frame to get the forks and swinger fitted

1 - 20 of 179 Posts