Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking at fitting some usd forks to my 94 GSX600F as the stock ones are needing a rebuild anyway. Does anyone know anything that swaps virtually straight over with minimal mods other than a hayubusa

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The b6 front forks are basically the same as standard. I'm looking for some upside down forks. The whole front I'm gonna change. There is a website that tells you what bearings to use, just wondering if stems are same on any bikes or if anyone has already done it

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Most of the times a stem swap is needed to switch different forks. Getting a new complete front end is easier if you have the money.. Also, if you have regular forks atm, can't imagine your yokes fitting USD-s anyways?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They won't which is why I asked if anyone knew of any front ends to swap. I just mentioned the forks as I was saying mine are shot

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I meant what body shape gsxf do you have. Cheers mate was it just a case of getting right bearings and everything fit or did you have to do anything else?

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Go to all balls racing for the top bearing for those forks. An the lower bearing on the original triple will press right onto the new lower triple.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So gsxr stem works with right bearing? I'm assuming you used the gsxr top yoke aswell

·
☢
5,596 Posts
'01 r1 frontend, just used conversion bearings, the kat headtube is longer than the r1, so only one of the r1 nuts fit back on. Also the steering stops need modification, and it may have affected the total steering range, with different fork diam/offset.

now I have a set of custom 954 billet trips, still yet to go on. the 954 stem is longer, should be able to use both nuts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
'01 r1 frontend, just used conversion bearings, the kat headtube is longer than the r1, so only one of the r1 nuts fit back on. Also the steering stops need modification, and it may have affected the total steering range, with different fork diam/offset.

now I have a set of custom 954 billet trips, still yet to go on. the 954 stem is longer, should be able to use both nuts
Looks good though mate

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
with the forks that came on the katana they were 1.5"-2" above the top yoke to accomidate the stop clipons, when you add these forks just flush the top of forks with the new top yoke, an you will have your inch back. if still to low get the forks rebuilt stiffer, so there isnt much sag

1 - 17 of 17 Posts