Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part sales seem slow on the forum so I'm not expecting much from this bike listing but figured I don't have much to lose so here it is...

1998 KTM 400rxc
Clean title
4,062 miles
Electric start and kick start (left kicker)
Rebuilt forks and shock last Spring (only about 50 miles in the Cali desert since then)
New dirt tires last Spring (Dunlop D606's only have about 50 miles in the Cali desert since then)
Supermoto wheels have Pilot Powers with lots of life left
New chain, sprockets, and air filter last Spring before Cali
Needs new rear turn signals
Head light was cracked last Spring in Louisiana (replacement included)
Bottom edges of the seat are discoloring since being caught in a snow storm in Utah last Spring (guessing it was the salt spray?)
New front and rear brake pads included
New oil filters included for the next oil change

$2400 with dirt wheels (has cush drive rear hub)
$3200 with supermoto wheels and dirt wheels and I'll include a rear axle slider and new shorter white front fender to complete the supermoto look

I'm losing interest in dirt riding and I have a Duke for street duty so it's time to sell this and thin out the herd. It has been in the family since 05 and we have only managed to put about 900 miles on it. It has always been the runt of the litter and I just have too many bikes to ride and build and not enough time.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Milwaukee, WI. I put it on Craigslist late Saturday night and have had three people call and two people email so far but only one person has come to look at it. He liked the bike but said he was going to look at another supermoto and that he'd be in touch. No down payment yet so it's still available.

Hoping to have this bike and a kz400 gone sooner rather than later. Don't need the cash for anything I just don't want the bike around anymore. If there were more places to ride off road near me I'd be more inclined to keep it but I'm trying to get down to four bikes by Winter and this one didn't make the cut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts