Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Normal Sucks
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys know the bike. Over the past few weeks I've realized that I don't have near the self control necessary to keep this bike and my license all at the same time.

Bike started as a pristine and fast street bike that was used as an expert level CCS race bike on weekends. Never been down on the track or street except for one little incident leaving a parking lot where I dropped it on the right side at 5mph. No real damage, scuffed the brake lever and rearset. CLEAN TITLE. No permanent modifications to stock wiring/components were made. Throw some clip-ons on and it could be set back up as a fully faired race bike in minutes or a fully faired street bike in a couple hours. (I do not have the street or race bodywork, what you see is what you get, Ebay is your friend!!)
Bike has never been "stunted", and is not a rebuilt crash bike. I purposely built it as a commuter until I realized how ridiculously overkill it is for this purpose. It has been on the sidewalk a few times but that's to be expected considering the traffic around here.

~2900 miles on the bike, clean title, zero issues, it runs like a raped ape. It put a smidge over 170hp down at the wheel on Kevin Blais' dyno running U4, the same dyno that my Ducati 749 put 98.6hp down on and stock '06 R6's put 104-105hp down on (do give you a measuring stick). It runs fine on pump gas, does not overheat, it's a perfectly reliable and insane form of transportation if so desired. Easily a 165whp bike on pump gas. Mods to the bike include the following:

TiForce full titanium GP style exhaust
Power Commander PCIIIUSB (mapped by Mr. Blais)
'06 model velocity stacks
Vortex adjustable rearsets
Vortex 520 chain/sprockets (fresh, +2)
Airbox flapper mod done, PAIR mod done
The bike has Tag bars and risers and an Acerbis Cyclops headlight on it now (as pictured).

I'm going to kill myself on this thing, it's a complete and total hooligan bike. It feels very much like a "works" open class motocross bike. Crazy pull EVERYWHERE. This thing makes a strong running FZ1 feel like a DR650 and a standard 1000RR feel like it's running on three cylinders. If you want to go 170mph with no fairings or pull wheelies in 6th, this is the bike for you. Please somebody take it off my hands and I'm going to go buy a nice, safe Thruxton or something to tweak on. IN fact I am considering trades for any interesting Triumphs... Thruxton, Bonnevilles, Speed Triples? SV650's, ZRX's? Anything interesting, upright and without fairings.

The article below sums up the naked 1000rr experience, except this one has more horsepower and lower gearing. It wheelies in 5th and 6th gear and spins the tire HARD when the power comes on at the top of 2nd gear at 100mph.

http://www.pnwriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8658

Bike is located in South FL. Email [email protected] if interested or you have any questions.

·
Normal Sucks
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, Canada IS a hike. That's like a whole country away, haha. (Sorry, bad joke). I'm sad about getting rid of it but my self control is nil, it's a bad combo.

I've done the Forward Air thing a couple times... $400 from here to Chicago, for example (just an idea)

·
Normal Sucks
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't blame you there. Thanks for the nice comments anyway!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
That's a good deal man, good luck on the sale!

·
Normal Sucks
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not according to the stuntlife.com guys, but I think they're mistaking it for a rat/stunt/crash repair bike. Besides that, it doesn't have any chrome or fake carbon fiber on it. This is a front-running AMA superstock legal race bike that trapped at 197mph out of the draft on the back straight at Road Atlanta before I decided it would make a fun "open standard" streetbike. Oh well. If it doesn't sell I get to keep it, and that isn't so bad.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
OMFG i cant believe you sold it Tjockey! are you gonna replace it??

please say yes. and what do we have in store for your next fighter??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts