Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello From Greece everyone!!I have gotten a looot of help and ideas from this site and reaaly thank you! The thing is i have a problem with my bike and didnt know where else to try! um i bought a motoscope pro and well the fuel gauge goes crazy while driving. i may have it filled up but on the road it goes 30 to 40% off. when i have it half full while driving it goes to 0 , 13 , 20 , and back down. depending on the turn or if the road is bumpy. When the bike is still and standing straight it shows good. I have a Z1000 (2007 make) tank on my bike, custom fitted . Just so you get an idea i have a 98 Hornet with k7 front end cb1000r rear end and swing arm , a z1000 tank and a few other mods. Does anyone know if i have to change the sender or maybe do something that can make the gauge have a delay?? Thanks again!

·
old fart
3,791 Posts
i have a 98 Hornet with k7 front end cb1000r rear end and swing arm , a z1000 tank and a few other mods.
PIC's!!!!!! :rock: not seen one with the 1000r arm fitted, I have been told it isnt a big job to do, but dont know of anyone who has

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not that difficult. you need a new spacer for the center big nut? because the 1000r is wider and you need to trim or file down the foot peg covers and a bit of the frame where the side things touch the frame!i hope you understand me sorry but i dont really know how to tell them in english!its basicaly the same thing as the vfr swingarm , but i just wanted to fit it with somehting newer. thus the 1000r the engine is modded too! i have 93 bhp at the wheel!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you wouldnt happen to know about the fuel gauge would you????its not that it is not working its just ugly to watch going up and down the percentage :(

·
Registered
740 Posts
Normally there is a damping effect built into the gauge, so what it displays is an average resistance/ohms reading from the sensor over the past, say 10 seconds or so. This way the gauge doesn't wildly bounce around as the fuel sloshes around the tank. I've only seen that problem on very basic, 100% analog gas gauges.

I would check in the gauge's manual, there may be a setting to adjust the sensitivity of the fuel gauge or it's refresh rate. If so, turn it down to smooth out the reading.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Normally there is a damping effect built into the gauge, so what it displays is an average resistance/ohms reading from the sensor over the past, say 10 seconds or so. This way the gauge doesn't wildly bounce around as the fuel sloshes around the tank. I've only seen that problem on very basic, 100% analog gas gauges.

I would check in the gauge's manual, there may be a setting to adjust the sensitivity of the fuel gauge or it's refresh rate. If so, turn it down to smooth out the reading.

i see , yes i will try this! i dont think that motoscope has that function though.if so maybe then i will try another sensor :oops: thank you for the reply!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts