Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2001 gsx-r 600, and I went to start it this morning and the fuel pump sound does not come on. The FI/oil light blinks, and where the water temp on the speedo is it has FI. Any help would be appreciated.

Nate

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
check the fuses first.

beyond that, check the tip sensor (if it's still there), and check to see if you have power to the fuel pump.

and uh, make sure the kill switch is in the "run" position :D

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Man mine comes on all the time and since i just about bought it in 02. I don't know if i have a problem or not. I beatthe shit out of it. shut it off and back on and sometimes it goes out ???

It's some goofy shit on mine ??:nuts:
No fuel pump sound isn't good though :(

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
maybe smack the fuel pump relay with a screwdriver handle. i've seen them stick before.

just a thought.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Vcook said:
get a paperclip and pull the code, easy to figure out exactly what the bike thinks is wrong.

yeah, that too.

what ever happened to the good 'ol days of carbetaters and points?

hahaha

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
good to hear.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Ammadien said:
ya it was the damn tip-over sensor. I put it on upside down, put it right and it started right up. Thanks for the help guys!

:cfrocks:

Nate

Mod that death thingy !!
I didn't put it in my buildoff thread, but i epoxied mine so it couldn't make the conection inside ;)

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
yeah, i cut those boxes of death off.

first time the bike shuts down mid-wheelie, you will too, lol.

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
Ammadien said:
ya it was the damn tip-over sensor. I put it on upside down, put it right and it started right up. Thanks for the help guys!

:cfrocks:

Nate
I had that problem, was probably throwing a code 42 if i recall correctly. Oh and just to make it known a 5.1k ohm resistor takes the place of the tip over sensor on atleast 01-03 GSXR 600's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts