1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

short preview:
FOH Cafe Racer
February 3rd, 2010
Roman Levin of FOH Cycle Fab has to be the hardest-working builder on the North American fighter scene. Roman has consecutively turned out one after the other of the baddest fighters in North America over the past year. His love for the bikes he builds, attention to detail, and distinct style push him to the top of the industry, one bike at a time. This stunning cafe took almost two years to complete, as it took back-burner to the DL fighter, my 929 #1, and various other projects....

Click Here To Read The Full Story And See More Pics!

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
yeah!

i was just reading through the last issue of CF mag and was gonna message you today about this bike saying "where the hells the article you promised us!" :LolLolLolLol:

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
Very cool. The article doesn't clearly state if Roman built the whole frame in the style of a Ducati, from scratch, or if the ZX14 neck is welded to an actual Ducati frame. It's gotta be a scratch-built frame though, because aren't the Duc frames steel? The ZX14 neck, being aluminum, wouldn't weld to the steel Duc frame. What am I missing here?

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I thought the whole thing was steel?

Reactions: CK 187

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
Started with a Duc frame 996 (iirc) which i believe are aluminum? and yes, a zx14 neck was welded to fit.

·
GURU
1,496 Posts
that thing is pure fucking sex on two wheels.

Reactions: oldrider

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
996 frame is steel. I call BS. I should probably just shut my mouth and run away now!
guess i'll have to ask. I didnt know they were steel. :doh:

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
I hate him for building this, cause it's exactly what I've always wanted. A TL in a real tube frame. It absolutley gorgeous though.

The Duc frames are chromoly, and yes the ZX frames are aluminum. He built the whole thing from scratch and modeled the neck dimenstions from a zx14.

If you've ever seen a TL engine in a Duc frame, there are huge gaps and a bunch of goofy spacers and mounts that need to made to make it fit. Does not lok nearly as clean as that.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
So its not a zx14 neck welded to a duc frame. Its a duc neck w/ the two tubes coming from it, and the rest of the frame he welded in. fit zx triple into the duc neck.

my b.

Reactions: eZdoesit

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
exactly. its a duc neck. he welded in the rest of the frame.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts