Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FUTURE GURU
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this whole LSL top clamp thing is turning into a huge pain in the ass. the first guy at full throttle inc had two fucking websites up and I supposedly ordered from the "old one" :confused:takes me a week (5 phone calls ,3 emails)to get a hold of him (wasted time off my build) and then he tells me he will match XPO'S price which is higher than the price HE had listed :nuts: AND it will take 3 weeks cos it has to come from Europe.And then tries to sell me a set of 400.00 top clamps that he makes. what a mickey mouse mutherfucker.
So know I tuck my tail between my legs and talk to XPO and the other streetfight shop here in fl and they both tell me 2-3 weeks! which these guys have been really cool:rant:just that my bike will be waiting for the bars, and this full throttle guy totally wasted my time

so I'm not sure wat to do now...really had my heart set on renthals:(...anyway not sure if the lsl thing will happen or not. mite end up with virago riser and stright bars:angry:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
drill your tripple. buy tag bar mounts. a set of bars. and 3, 10" brakelines and all the connectors.

:twocents:

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Bill is just a middle man for Spiegler. He lists them on his site then once someone places the order he tell's them over sea's what he needs and they make it or ship it out. Once it gets to the US he gets it first, then sends it to you.

I have to do threw the same thing when I ordered mine, but Bill always called me back. Shit he called me last in spring of 06 while he was fixing a crash cage at stuntwars in Fl and shot the shit with me for a GOOD 45 minutes at least.

He's a great guy but he's running the whole show by himself. He cant stock everything. I hear ya though.. sometimes it take's him a bit of time to return a call, but he always does

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
and 3, 10" brakelines and all the connectors.

:twocents:

Have you looked at haibikeshop.com yet Adam? You can order lines in different sizes and all the fittings and shit.

I ordered a 28" and a 32" line, 4 fittings, the 2x banjo and crushwashers all for like $90.

Came in a few days.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
@pepper13

for what bike is the kit you looking for?
I would have one for a GSX-R W

·
FUTURE GURU
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
problem is the only place on my top clamp to drill for risers puts them too far apart for db bars (see endos monster build,same bike) kawie zx6e with screwie top clamp

·
FUTURE GURU
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bill is just a middle man for Spiegler. He lists them on his site then once someone places the order he tell's them over sea's what he needs and they make it or ship it out. Once it gets to the US he gets it first, then sends it to you.

I have to do threw the same thing when I ordered mine, but Bill always called me back. Shit he called me last in spring of 06 while he was fixing a crash cage at stuntwars in Fl and shot the shit with me for a GOOD 45 minutes at least.

He's a great guy but he's running the whole show by himself. He cant stock everything. I hear ya though.. sometimes it take's him a bit of time to return a call, but he always does

yea he was a nice guy, I know he has a lot going on, but if the web site was rite and he would have back to me sooner with the same price that he advertised, I prob wouldnt be a little po'd:confused:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
problem is the only place on my top clamp to drill for risers puts them too far apart for db bars (see endos monster build,same bike) kawie zx6e with screwie top clamp
THERES always a way....post a pic. i did it on the 929s unlevel top clamp.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
This is the reason I use drag bars...I wanted dirt bars for the extra comfort, but in order to put the clamps close enough, I'd be drilling way to close to the stem nut for my liking.

·
FUTURE GURU
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LSL kits usually take a few weeks, don't get mad at the distributors for that.

not mad at them, just frustated that everone advertises that they sell them, but noone tells you that they don't have them AND they are overseas:(

·
99 Posts
if i remember correctly and i may be wrong but i think i once used a 98 zx6r top tripple on a 93 zx6e and i think it was flat on top so it would be easy to mount risers on that tripple

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Doesn't fit, I tried...the offset from the steering stem to the forks is different. :(

·
99 Posts
hhmmm may be i used the whole front end then my memory is bad......

no i think i machined out the hole and made a spacer for the gap ,yep i think i did

·
FUTURE GURU
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well I have one more try on the lsl, A guy here in Daytona seems to think he can find one for me here in the statesyea rite
I will try that tommarrow and then go from there . While all this is going on,I have been making HUGE progess on th build!!:knucks:
will post some pics tomarra on the Hellfire thread.. Hopin to have it back on two wheels with the motor in it
KICK ASS
...thanks for everybodys help

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
good luck!

·
Fighter1
105 Posts
well I have one more try on the lsl, A guy here in Daytona seems to think he can find one for me here in the statesyea rite
I will try that tommarrow and then go from there . While all this is going on,I have been making HUGE progess on th build!!:knucks:
will post some pics tomarra on the Hellfire thread.. Hopin to have it back on two wheels with the motor in it
KICK ASS
...thanks for everybodys help

hi there,

if you have no luck, my cousine from germany is coming next week on 10/16. if you want he can bring your set from lsl with
this a offer from me and mayby it helps

Fighter1:knucks:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts