Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my CRF100 out for a while today. I spent most of it sliding around in wet leaves on pavement. I have a small abandoned lot I ride in all the time, and now its covered in leaves, and they are wet, and they are FUN! :LolLolLolLol:

I have a small little track that I use that uses a little bit of a dirt trail, a lightly wooded area, a driveway, the street, and that abandoned lot. Today the leaves were in the perfect spots... There is a VERY sharp corner where I enter the abandoned lot, so I just nail it and the whole ass end whips around (almost like a u-turn, it's THAT tight of a corner) so I come out of there with the back almost sideways, then I hit a little pavement just long enough to straighten out, before I hit the next corner (not tight at all) and that's covered in leaves too, so I just nail it, get the tires to lose traction, and sort of drift through that corner until I hit the lightly wooded area.

DAMN THATS A LOT OF FUN!!!

To put this in perspective, it's a VERY small area, I spend about 95% of the time in 1st or 2nd gear, and 1 full lap takes about 30 seconds or so. I can actually do it way faster with the leaves there than not there, because it helps make that tight turn a lot quicker. My plan is to keep doing this for the rest of the fall, and then stud the tires up and do it during the winter as much as possible, and hopefully by next spring I'll be drifting that bitch all over the place! :metal:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
rock on! sounds like good times!

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blaze said:
I love to get something like that for my yard. I have an old dr125 but it is to heavy. I would like a nice lite/small bike like that. I also have woods and trials all around me.
It's definitely a good time, beats the crap out of playing video games! It's nice to have a bike to try stupid stuff on to, without worrying about dropping it too much.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
ive been practicing my drifting on the dirtbikes too... by next summer i wanna be doing it on dry pavement on the fighters, as well as the dirtbikes!

·
89 Posts
Ah yes the joys of minis.....I need a CRF 150 do do up and a 110 to make a race bike. Yes this winter we will stud up and ice race. I know a few people who are down and mabey a few different ponds to ride at too....namley my house for one, get the snowblower out. I can even snowblow the jump but i had better fix the ruts before winter comes so it's hitable withought pitching you sideways in a rut.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
you wont do it! :fire:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
miniprivateer said:
Yes this winter we will stud up and ice race. I know a few people who are down and mabey a few different ponds to ride at too....namley my house for one, get the snowblower out. I can even snowblow the jump but i had better fix the ruts before winter comes so it's hitable withought pitching you sideways in a rut.
that sounds like a good time! :rock:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went out for a while today, and had a blast! My bike was running pretty well today, think I finally got it happy (for now...) Spent most of my time sideways on the leaves, got a little dizzy on a couple occassions! :LolLolLolLol: There is a kind of narrow trail, right at the edge of a 25-30 ft. dropoff that goes down to a car towing/repair place, but it wraps around the edge of the little cliff perfectly, and it was covered in leaves....

So I was tearing through there sideways drifting on the leaves right next to the edge.... good way to get the adrenaline going! :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
now you just gotta hold the thing taped and aim straight for the dropoff!

:fire:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got on my bike today... tore down the street and into the abandoned lot I usually ride in... and my bike died... no gas... DOH!

Walked it back, went and got some gas, filler er up....

And went sideways some more! being sideways on a dirtbike rules... really it does.... you should try it sometime...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
i did a little bit of practicing this sideways dirtbike you speak of, today. it was fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts