Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, my dad has a fzr1000 and wants to swap the swingarm for something better looking!!

what will be a straight/easy swap?

what single sided swingarms would fit?

thanks in advance:party-smiley:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone got any helpful ideas? or can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
206 Posts
i put a triumph single sided arm in my exup. the triumph arm is very wide at the pivot, so i cut the exup pivot off the exup arm and swapped it over onto the triumph arm, which i modded to suit.
not easy, but it worked.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he has been told that the 1050 speed triple swingarm will fit, is this an "at home" swap or something that needs alot of work?

:CK187:

·
206 Posts
i think all the triumph arms are a lot wider than the exup frame....
the one to go for would be a vfr750 one. it's not an easy job. there's more to it than just making the arm fit in the hole at the back of the frame.... wheel alignment.... chain alignment.... matching up the suspension linkages etc, etc.
i don't know how mechanically competant you and/or your father are, but you'll need a good deal of mechanical know-how, access to a mill/lathe/tig welder....

an easier swap would be a thunderace arm, quite common in the UK, and relatively straightforward to do.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-YZ...75?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a69ad3777

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like we will be sticking with the standard swingarm then! lol:letsride:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
A Busa arm fits in the FZR frame, although you need a small spacer either side of the pivot, and also you need to use Bandit1200 inner bearing sleeves, slipped inside the Busa sleeves, and held with a spot of weld, to reduce the Busa arm down to a 20mm spindle size, but other than that it all works. I've just fitted an extended Busa arm into an EXUP with no real bother.

·
319 Posts
A YZF750 arm will fit straight in and it's braced on top it looks very similar to the gsxr 1000 K1-K4.
I had one on my T-Ace and I could still use my T-Ace rim with it.The T-Ace rim is the same as the first generation R1's.
Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A YZF750 arm will fit straight in and it's braced on top it looks very similar to the gsxr 1000 K1-K4.
I had one on my T-Ace and I could still use my T-Ace rim with it.The T-Ace rim is the same as the first generation R1's.
Mike
would that fit a fzr 400 aswell?? :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts