Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Death or Glory
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So today was a beautiful day here, took the bike out for a ride and stopped for some gas, the clutch cover was leaking like crazy. Rode home and replaced that and just so happened I had to lose the plastics to do it. The Acerbis DHH will be here sometime this week so that'll be on very soon, here's the way it sits right now...

And for grins, here's one of me.

Nice drawing

what's with the stretched out swinger anyway?
Well, I've always liked stretched bikes. I've never ridden this one without the stretch and from what I hear, they're a dream in the corners stock. I'm thinking about swapping a newer swingarm, I'm not sure. The more I ride it the more I think I want to keep it.

One issue I have is how low it is with me on it. Two up wouldn't happen, even though I refuse to do it anyway. I've bottomed it out in dips I didn't expect to bottom it out in and when I sit on it, the change in height is substantial. Sure, I'm a pretty big guy, but I'm going to have to raise it back up to the highest spot on the dogbone.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
that tank tail combo is sick. it looks cool with the rear seat filled in just needs to be alittle smoother. that frame is hot. that bike looks good naked. keep the stretch, get inverted forks. im likin this bike

·
Death or Glory
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah, I know. I'm thinking I will swap it just to see how I like it. I re-read what I wrote, I meant the more I ride it the more I like the bike, saying I don't want to sell it very badly. So I think the expense of the swingarm and all will be easier to justify. I'm going to get with spyder and see how much he wants for the whole setup he has sitting around.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
sweeeeeeet! thats a very different lookin fighter. me likey!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
dude, one you put the stocker back on you will never go back to the stretched. those 400s handle like a dream stock.

·
Death or Glory
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Got the DHH today, painted it and mocked it up but it won't be on for good until morning. My first few attempts at painting with something other than a rattle can turned out pretty good. I did my helmet, the DHH and some turn signals with an airbrush I've had for years and never tried to use.

·
12 Posts
Nice looking bike. I just picked up a 93 FZR600 that will be going under the knife too.

What is that rear fender off of?

Also do you have pods air filters on there? It looks like you have one gauge in the tank cover and one mounted front middle. I would love to see any closeups of how you did that.

·
Death or Glory
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The tail's off of a '04-06 R1. Yes to the pods and no to the guages. At the moment the speedo is just hanging out on the front (until tomorrow morning) and I have a Sigma bike speedo attached next to the left bar. No gauge on the tank cover, even though I've been thinking about mounting the speedo in it where the depression is. There's enough clearance, I just have to find a spare tank skin first.

Here it is the day before I put the Sigma on it:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
wonder if you can get heli-bars for that??

·
Death or Glory
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Did some little maintenance things and got the headlight on today. I think I might move it down the forks a little. Opinions on placement?

·
12 Posts
That's right, it is a 400 with a 600 motor. I was looking at one of the side pictures and saw that towards the front it looked like a guage in the tank cover (no depression like that on a 600 tank cover) and that there looked to be part of the front side of the cover trimmed away.

The headlight looks good where it is but might look better just a little further down. Heck, take a pic and post it and I'm sure you will get a few opinions.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts