Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got my newest bike on the road after its been sitting in pieces for about 4 months ive still got a lot to do and im gotnna try and keep this uppdated with pics cuz every body loves pics so far i have dome a swing arm swap from a 2000 r6 and a fork swap from a 2000 r1 on my little fzr 600 i wanted to be able to run modern street bike tires so now ive got a 180/55/17 back and 120/70.17 front mission acomplised

theres still alot left to do im gonna do a tank and tail swap also i have a yzf600 tank and a 2006 r6 raven subframe and front seat and a 2000 r6 header im gonna put on there eventually it will get a 2004 or so r1 belly pan a nice guage set and prolly a mt-03 head light

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i am planning on building a 660 this winter and im having trouble finding cams if anybody knows where to get some good performance parts for yzf 600 id really appreciate it and any ideas how to get a lil more outta the engine in it? ive got a r6 header and im gonna get a slip on for it and prolly a stage two jet kit maybe an ignition advance any thing else i can do on the cheap

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble, but you're probably going to have to end up doing custom jetting. Since this was never a factory option, I'm kind of doubting that you'll be able to use out-of-the-box jet kits.

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the stage two kit would be for the fzr engine in it the 660 will get custom jetting possibly on e85 but thats later i just want a little more pep outta whats in it right now, the stock 91 fzr 600

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,269 Posts
after owning a couple, i would NOT reccomend a 660 for general street use. i have seen people get a lot of time out of a few, but the majority are labor/maintenance intensive.

a 630 with cams, carbs, head work, and an R6 exhaust setup is a great setup.

in fact LRC131 has an older 630 race motor that he bought from me that has cams, porting, R6 exhaust, and he runs stock carbs with great results. it pulls way harder than stock trim

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am having a hard time finding any cams or other performance parts for this motor could you point me in the right direction lRC131s bike was actually a big inspiration

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i have started my winter build i have the bike all torn down i still have a lot of parts to buy but that will come later for now im just gonna get it clean and mocked up time for pix

this is how it was right before tare down had to put my yzf tank on i couldnt take my seat and tank cover moving around on me

almost there

ok so had to get my bike to my brothers he has the welder, so we just shoehorned it into the blazer lol

now this the way it sits as of now i hope to get some more work done on my nice four day weekend i love holidays

·
Fighter in Training...
1 Posts
Dude that's so true about lrc's build. And u too! I'm glad to see people building fzr's. Im planning on starting in the next couple weeks on mine and am already getting a lot of great ideas

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I broke a plug off in the block only after that happened did I lookat the threads on thw plugs three of the four had fucked up threads when you pay5 bucks a piece for plugs I didn't think I should have to to check them a all but anyways I don't really wanna pull the head off this engine any idea?

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if i could find one they didnt want an arm and a leg for i would be on that shit like stink on poo
but seriously i thought having a 20 year old bike would make things cheap but shit i had less money into my firebird and i put two motors in it lol

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i still think thats kinda over priced when you factor in all the extra parts like carbs people want 150 for those alone and it has 27000 miles and that is just the starting bid i mean for 7 or 800 i could just buy a wrecked bike and part the rest the problem is finding them there are too many stupid people that dont know what they are doing buying up whatever there is for whatever people ask for it craigslist is just pure crazyness lol just a couple of weeks ago i went and looked at a 76 cb750 for a friend who bought it last year totally thrashed i dont even know where to start about that bike its a trash heap wont run wires look like they are put together by a dyslexic four year old stretched and lowered with struts and what looks to be factory equipment front tire to top it off he rode only rode it once and said it was smoking like a freight train then just stalled he paid 2000!!! it happens all the time just goes to show you have to be patient lol not that anyone likes to do that

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I found a yzf600 with bad transmission for $250 locally. 660 here I come... Just keep your eyes open and something will eventually pop up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts