Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this 1993 fzr600 for $400 before winter of last year.had busted fairings,no mirrors,or turn sigs.it ran and rode great,so i custom fighter i will be....the first day home...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have no plans really.make it ride able...would like to do the suspension(fork springs, emulators, ohlins or like rear shock).id like to do the tail swap that you had in mined(06-08 r6) or the pointy year r1.but i would have to part with the Corbin seat.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanna cut the corbin seat pan to match the tank,cut and move the rear seat lock forward,and cover the subframe in sheet metal.this will cover everything,move the seat forward,match the tank and cost nothing.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got some pods after my chopped airbox needed new boots....also picked up a top triple fRom a1985 xj650 maxim.like the seca ii swap,but more pull back....and a set of moose mini moto bars.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tail fairing was removed,along with the tail light and mount,and trimmed up the undertail....the bit at the end holds the undertray up,and will also hold my turn signals,so it stays....

Close up....

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Hey hey man, I'm over the border in CT and I've got 2000 R6 wheels f/r, swingarm and shock with linkage, rear axle, rear caliper, and front forks in my parts hoard... Let me know if there is ever any interest.

Subscribed any how, I do love the tank and frame on these bikes...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey hey man, I'm over the border in CT and I've got 2000 R6 wheels f/r, swingarm and shock with linkage, rear axle, rear caliper, and front forks in my parts hoard... Let me know if there is ever any interest.

Subscribed any how, I do love the tank and frame on these bikes...
the only thing i would really be interested inis the r6 shock.i dont wanna go full fab shop onthis bike.mostly cause money is tight,and i dont know if im gonna keep it yet.everybody that owned one says the should have held on to it.and im not a fan of regret....you got a "need sh!t gone" or "fellow fighter price".

i would need dog bones for the swap.....probly more.the yzf tank fits this frame hella good.and i wanna do a tail swap,to cover my shit angle grinder work.or sheet metal the subrame in.

also found that this is a california model.no exup though,but the air cut and reed valve is there.this bike has seen the best of both coasts.:rock:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i hated my stock fzr. HOWever i think they have potential, just wish i would've upgraded it and kept it. Good luck
what did you hate about it?most people said for the time,it was a great bike.the mainthing that pops up is the front end.mostly the dive the forks do under braking.if i do keep the bike,this will be fixed....cause im a rather,how do the english say it,"portly fellow"?:fu:

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
what did you hate about it?most people said for the time,it was a great bike.the mainthing that pops up is the front end.mostly the dive the forks do under braking.if i do keep the bike,this will be fixed....cause im a rather,how do the english say it,"portly fellow"?:fu:
It was slow as hell. I hated the faux tank, the whole front end sucks from the clip on risers down to the piss poor brake calipers.

My guess is it was marketed to the style crowd more than the sport rider.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
It was slow as hell. I hated the faux tank, the whole front end sucks from the clip on risers down to the piss poor brake calipers.

My guess is it was marketed to the style crowd more than the sport rider.
A Cycle World article in 1993 said it was pretty much the best middleweight out there. Yamaha riders on FZR's had won two AMA Supersport titles on one. They don't really hold up to modern standards, but that's about as good as it got in the early-mid 90s in the middleweight class.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A Cycle World article in 1993 said it was pretty much the best middleweight out there. Yamaha riders on FZR's had won two AMA Supersport titles on one. They don't really hold up to modern standards, but that's about as good as it got in the early-mid 90s in the middleweight class.
Got that from the fzr600 wiki FAQs?the front end is trash..but you cant judge a 90s bike by todays par.thats why people like us are around.all the things listed are easy fixes....r6 forks and a sprocket tooth change....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts