Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Chris
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first bike, first time working on a bike, and obviously my first attempt at a street fighter. I picked up an '89 Yamaha FZR-600. My buddy mike(SabreV45) convinced me it would be a good idea to turn the bike into a street fighter... So thats what we're doing!
this is what it looked like when we first got it back to the "chop shop";):

after an hour or so:

It will look sorta like this when done.

The subframe is getting chopped off behind the seat and the rest will be covered up with... something, the front fender is going to be trimmed, the exhaust will be wrapped, getting a different headlight, acewell speedo/tach, blue and ? paint, LED turns and tails, possibly dirty bars and HID.

heres the rest of my bike

My bike and Mikes bike

·
Chris
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mike flipped the clipons while I was at work. I like it. It gives me the dirty bar look without having to spend any money:D

Then we cracked open the exhaust to find packing that was long over due to be replaced and a perf tube that was all jacked up.

Before cutting it:

after cutting it:

its just barely together just so i could give you an idea of how it will look

I didn't get around to cutting it out tonight, but this is what the exhaust bracket will look like. Everything blue will be cut out. The circles didn't really flow with the rest of the bike so they had to go.

Then the fun part! We took a sawzall to the subframe and then ground down what was left.

bad Chris! where are your safety glasses?!?
thanks to some sweet sunglasses, the unabomber can safely grind:D

heres all the crap we cut off

and this is what the tail looks like all cut up. This is the final length of the tail section.

and some more whole bike pictures

·
Chris
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up a scorpion exo 700 (black chameleon), scorpion exo jacket (Hat Trick phantom), scorpion exo gloves(Coolhand), a chin skirt, Spider SLR grips, and 2 sets of short LED turn signals. The helmet is on order cause they didnt have the color i wanted in stock, but i came home with the rest of it. The cycle is also titled and registered now so all we need to do is get it together and rideable. I also got my temps.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,575 Posts
good shit buddy! keep us updated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks a million times better already. I have an 88 FZ600 that I have been messing around with a lot. Not a bad bike to start off with. I want to cut my subframe up as well but havent had the balls to do it yet because it is my only way of transportation at the time. I will keep checking up on this post to see what else you come up with. Great start!

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Looking good, seems to be quite a few Yamaha's coming aboard.

·
Fight it till it's right
607 Posts
you know I always look at old bikes and I'm like who would buy that. Then I see how they turn out when people like you turn them into fighters and I'm like dayum! I want that! haha

Good work so far. Can't wait to see it completed!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts