Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been told you can use the bottom end of the FZR and the top end of the YZF...Ive tried to do the research but came up a lil short of what id really like to know...is there a step by step of what is needed and how things are done...i have the bottom and top ends...now i just need a lil help...does anyone know about this?:confused:

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Yeah you need a either a 3 or 5 mm base gasket ( I think its 3mm), rod's, piston's, and rings of a YZF 600r motor and drop all that into an FZR motor and it turns it from a 600 to a 660 stroker.

The YZF 600r's have a longer stroke then the FZR 600's. I gotta check on it but you might have to swap the crank too.. but I cant remember. Ill post a link to a HUGE thread on the 660 motor build

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
do you know what changed on the fzr motors internally through the years? i know the 92 would have an external spin on filter, the early motors had internal filters. Im wondering if anything else is different. Ive got an 89 and a 96. the 89 is on a bench but im not willing to tear the 96 down. only has 400 miles on it

That is the only difference.. The 89's have a cast aluminum cover over the oil filder and the rest are external, THATS IT. everything else with the FZR engines are interchangable

The YZF600r engines have a different top end from the crank and rod's up. The crank case, gear's, clutch.. everything can swap.

The only other thing is that I heard the Flywheel's could be different, and I know for a fact that the YZF60 clutch basket is a little bigger. The YZF put's out a little more power then the FZR, the YZF has a longer stroke.. That being said they need a bigger basket.

BUT they are interchangeable into each motor. I just put my FZR600 clutch system in a YZF600 motor last night with no problem, but it will have a little abuse untill I find a bigger clutch basket that belongs in it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts