Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
g-style street-fighters' 1989 Suzuki GSX-R 750 : Project G-2 - Official Buildoff Thread

ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Shit looks good !! :party-smiley:

Wish i knew how to do that kind of work !!!

At least it sounds like you have access to the equiptment.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Thanks allot man. Got access to some basic stuff, and allot of patience for worn out shit equipment!! Just makin' the best of what I got like everyone else!.

:cfcartman:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
tail piece is looking badass G! cant wait to see how it turns out. keep us posted.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
I was going to build a double tubular style (kinda like Spondon styling) but I've got lazy. and I'll probably extend and brace the stocker. I'm in the middle of making the jig to do it so we'll see. I only wanna add about 6 inches, any more looks like ass. I might still build the tubular one, but I'm waiting on a new tube bender and time is gonna be an issue as I've gotten about 3 choppers to build for other people come into by shop recently (good news and bad news!!!).

G....:D

:cfrocks:

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
I can extend mine and brace it for $139.00 (two feet of solid 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 and 8 ft of 1 1/4 tubing aluminum). I'm not sure I could buy and ship yours for that. Do you need a trade in too???. I'm always into saving money!!! so post up a pic (or more like a few) here with a price, and Let me figure out the shipping.

Thanks allot,

Glen.

:cfcartman:

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Ok forget the pics I checked out the website (nice site BTW). I like the arm, and it probably has the right height lowering links too (if it's running a shock???). so I'd be interested in some sort of swap or buy it outright if the price is right!!....

Glen.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Thank you. It does have a shock in there. It is chrome. But it has a chip in it on the right side, bottom edge. Not that you or I probablly care too much about that. Considering you want to brace it. Also the torque bar is Snaped in half. I'll throw that in though. Looks like you have the ability to weld aluminum. I was thinking around $100. Although, I like the grips you made. Could you do a set with knurling?

Also got an 18" chrome rear wheel that holds a 200 tire if you're interested ;)

·
4,286 Posts
^^^^ yea fuck him ^^^ :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: j/k Nice work dude. I'm lovin the tail and subframe !!!!

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
That exhaust is hot, any side shots of it? Wanna sell it? I got $5 :)

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
nah its all i got, my damn car is running like shit and i just paid rent :(

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Things are finally shaping up, my tank tail and fender are at the body man's place and primed. Lookin' good. I managed to get a sponsor on the paint and powder coat, so I'll only pay cost of materials. They only wanna see the bike make the buildoff meet and all the local shows and ride in's (with their name on it - and of corse Custom fighters too!!!)...I was plannin' on it anyway!!. Everything's done except painting the header primary tubes and figuring out the fork tubes (paint, powdercoat, or polish???).

I'll be glad when it's done first of all so I can ride again!!, and second so I can start on my next project. Funny every time I'm almost finished with one bike I think how sick of it all I am...I usually vow to stop building bikes all together, and after it's done about a week, I'm already sick of it and I can't wait to start my next one.

:LolLolLolLol:

.....G.....

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
I'm about to build yet my 3rd exhaust for the bike, crazy....I can't afford any good gauges but I'd like to know just how fast I'm going (at least around town) so I'll probably try the bicycle speedo trick. Any suggestions on brands that might be ok, or what to look for????...

.....G.....

·
4,286 Posts
That thing is looking sick. I like the light !!! I realy like the tail. Cant wait to see it painted !:party-smiley:

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Looks good! You might have that thing together and running before I do! :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts