Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a pair of G35 bixenon projectors that I pulled from a pair of headlights I retrofitted for my car. I made a new pair of headlights for my car, so I don't need these anymore. Thought I'd post these here because they are some of the smallest bixenon projectors that have great output, making them good for motorcycle retrofits. The solenoids still work perfectly and the high beam output is awesome, better than a lot of other projectors I have seen. The way I had them mounted, I needed to trim off all excess material and used the holes holding the two halves together as mounts. I had a pair of nuts JB Welded onto the top holes so I could adjust the aiming easily, which I removed, but there is still a little JB Weld on the housing.

The lenses were replaced with some FX-R clear lenses from The Retrofit Source. They were also color modded to give the cutoff a nice blue/purple flicker. I don't have any pictures of the output because all my ballasts are being used right now, so I pulled some pictures from The Retrofit Source of these same projectors, with the same lenses, and color modded.

I'm looking to get $90 + shipping for the pair. I'd be willing to split them, but I'd need to be able to find two people who want just one at the same time. Feel free to PM me or ask questions here if you have any.

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump. Price lowered, $90 + shipping.

Opened them up to show the condition of the reflector bowls, the chrome is in excellent condition.

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These have 2.5" diameter lenses, so they would be 2.5" projectors. I will get you dimensions of the size when I get home today. I'd definitely be willing to split these up if someone else wants the other one.

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
So tempted...but I would need both of them...& Jackstand is a friend, so I wouldn't cut his dick off like that...wonder if ONE light would be sufficient?

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What would you be using it for? I had a single Murano bixenon on my Sabre and it was plenty bright, even for the boonies I rode in. I also am building a VRod headlight with a single bixenon for my Bastard build.

I have some output shots of these projectors I'll throw up here when I get home today.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I'm planning on only using 1 and my eyes are bad. They put out way more light than stock headlights. I don't do a ton of night riding but when I do I need my headlight to LIGHT UP the dark. I figured one would be enough. I want to mount one inside the square lens of a pollisport dual sport mask. The vertical lines in the glass lens is probably gonna fuck up the pattern so I may have to grind those out some how. Anyways GSX if you want both go for it but like I said 1 is probably enough for me and my eyes are shit. Also I'll keep you in mind if my experiment doesnt work. Then I can just sell you this one and youll have the pair you wanted to start with lol.

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What size hole would they fit in? Like, what size across are the mounts? Are these considered 2/5" or 3.5" projectors? I'd be interested but I only need one. Keep me in mind in case someone else wants the other.
Here are some quick dimensions for you.

Overall width: 3-15/16"
Overall height: 3- 7/8"
Overall depth (including lense): 5-1/2"
Between horizontal mounting holes: 3-9/16"
Between vertical mounting holes: 1-13/16"

On to the output pictures, here's one projector:

And the other projector:

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I left my tape measure in the shop but that should work and 1 projector looks to put out plenty of light. Way more than a stock Halogen H4 set up.
Definitely. When I built my Murano bixenon headlight for my Sabre, it was probably about twice as bright as the halogen, and created a lot less glare for oncoming traffic, while being more noticable because of the flicker of the cutoff. It made riding at night in the boonies a whole lot more comfortable. The high beam is amazing too. Plus, the beam is a good deal wider than the majority of halogens.

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright guys, if someone wants to split this pair with Johnny, I'll do $40+shipping each.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts