Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got to work out what I'm going to do with it now . First thing , see if the engine works all 2hp of it .

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Engine is out few internals missing so thrown it at the back of the shed as I can't find any parts , on a plus side I now have a 110cc engine with 4 gears which will be forced in ,similar style engine kick start no pedals. Might have to extend the swing arm to stop it popping up every where as this thing is so small , or maybe some forward pedals as well like a little chop drag bike coming on ... Hmmmm .

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
269 Posts
I REALLY want a moped to build into a cafe racer. Something with 16 or 17in wheels though. I've only been looking ~3 weeks, but there isn't ANYTHING local. Probably need to wait till next year anyways (financially)... and it sucks that I need a title, insurance, and registration in my State.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We still need all that and tax to ride on are roads too . . I just keep looking for bikes that need saving from death that come along cheap . Tinkering in the shed stops tinkering elsewhere ,just a motto to justify buying more stuff to the Mrs 😁

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well nothing new ,on the look out for a tank . Fork seals , and a rear wheel . Got a load of stuff in my watch list .Dare I buy it all and feel the wrath of the gods (mrs) . . .....

·
Registered
269 Posts
I wouldn't bother with top tank unless you are gonna go all-out on the build and make it look right and good. UNLESS.... you happen to find a good top-tank before/cheaper than a good vertical tank... then it's just a good excuse ;)

Another option... if you do a tail on it, is to hide a tank in there. I've debated making a cafe racer hump/undertail that held fuel and then a shell of a tank up front for a mini-storage area (gloves, glasses, etc). You could gut you current tank, split it, hinge it, and use it horizontally or vertically.

Or, some ugly patches and ride a rat-bike. Not really sure what your goal/direction is.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funny enough I was thinking of a storage bin under the seat I don't see why it can't be the fuel tank . Think I'm going to have a play on this

1 - 16 of 16 Posts