Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Totallynew
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a few questions, simple regarding gauges. I know not all gauges are just plug and play, there is some work to be done. I'm asking, which gauge is easiest to work with, Koso or the Asura? They're about the same price, the only concern is, which will be more compatible with my bike? (08 Kawa zzr6)

Koso: http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/kos..._gauges/db-01r-speedometer-e-mark-approval-4/

DAYTONA - ASURA MULTI FUNCTION: Ebay

Second question, I'm looking for 0 Degree clip ons. Is there really a big difference on brand? Are there some that are cheap and durable, or are the cheap ones usually those to avoid? I have looked at clipons from Vortex, driven and renthal... But also from ebay etc. Would spending the $150 on some name brand clip ons be a good idea?

Last but not least, do aftermarket clipons have threads to screw in bar end mirrors or bar ends. If not why is that and what can I do about that?

G

·
Gauges
To be honest they all work in the pretty much same way so its more down to which you like the look of more than anything else, i suggest getting a look at the setup instructions if you can as some makers seem to make it harder work than it needs to be

Bar end mirrors
You can buy bar ends that hold in by expanding a rubber or metal bung inside the bar but some tend to move around with a bar end mirror on there so welding a captive nut inside the bar is a better option imho

Clipons
Not a clue as i can only see one reason to stick my arse up in the air & am not that way inclined :LolLolLolLol::blbl::tongue::D

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
for the clip ons, Name brand like Driven, Vortex etc are all made from high quality aluminum. The chinese cheap ones not sure what type of aluminum they are made.

Most clipon bars have open ends with no threads. Alot of them are aluminum bars which have a slightly smalled ID since they are thicker. We carry a few different brands and can offer good prices. I would do a 7 deg clip on or so. Zero deg in my opinion is not an optimal hand position which is why most have a small amount of degrees in them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Like stated previously, all gauges are going to be very similar setting up. A good multimeter and wiring diagram for your bike are a must in order to find the correct lines going into your OEM gauge.
I am a fan of dan-moto
I have a digital gauge, rear sets and exhaust from dan-moto. All but the exhaust I would buy again without hesitation. The clip-ons I have heard good things from as well.

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
For gauges I can tell you that we have 2 manufacturers in Taiwan that make gauges and that Koso & Acewell brand them as there own with a few modifications and aesthetics here an there since they are buying in such large volume. This is why almost all the gauges out there are basically the same.

Only companies such as motogadget make their own stuff. They are pricey but the quality and features are unmatched by Koso or Acewll.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts