Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My actual name is Micheal. I'm hoping I can learn from you guys on this forum to help me customize my bike to stand out from the rest. I own a 2016 GSX-S1000, and love her more every single time I fling my leg over her.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the forum on my tapatalk, because then I can post foto's.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Wotcher Michael welcome in mate ,blew up a few of yer pics .Sorry caint help out with tha taptalk thingy ,someone here will tho fer sure .

Strange only one worked ?

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Welcome aboard nice looking ride!

As far as the app goes, I am using the old one called motorcycle.com. It gives you a popup message when you log on to custom fighters, but tap outside of the popup and it'll let you in.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Welcome!

Very cool bike, that.

When the factories are producing proper naked sport bikes like this and the S1000R, you have to wonder what the future holds for this scene.

What would you want to change other than a fender eliminator and loud pipe?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome!

Very cool bike, that.

When the factories are producing proper naked sport bikes like this and the S1000R, you have to wonder what the future holds for this scene.

What would you want to change other than a fender eliminator and loud pipe?
Well, I'm trying to figure out which of the GSXR1000's tail will fit on it, but it needs to be one with the indicators in the tail and not seperate.

And I'm trying to see if I can maybe go single side swingarm.

I have a mate who builds carbon fibre parts for bikes and will have a sit down to see if he can make me a few pieces in Carbon.

And I am after a MotoGP style exhaust from any brand pretty much but I would like a full system.

And I'm also going to change electronics from factory to Woolich Racing software.

And I'm planning on trying to gather everything and have it all and once I have all of that it will be a strip it down and slowly work on it till its done type project.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Welcome!

Any GSXR1K tail will fit. Just a matter of how much work you want to do :D

Yes, you can go SSSA. Same as above.

Check out DanMoto for the GP exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And I'm looking at getting a quickshifter as well. But I'm holding out on that because I want to see if suzuki is going to bring out a shifter we can buy which shifts up and down. Only need the clutch for take off.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
And I'm looking at getting a quickshifter as well. But I'm holding out on that because I want to see if suzuki is going to bring out a shifter we can buy which shifts up and down. Only need the clutch for take off.
Don't hold your breath. An OEM option or standard feature on the new stuff, sure. But not a retrofit kit.
DynoJet is the best IMO... they have a pressure switch that goes inline with the shift linkage (they have "push" and "pull" versions, triple check your shit to make sure you're getting the right one). If you have a tuner nearby that knows his shit, he can program the ECU to work with it and you won't need to run it with a Power Commander... worst case, I can set you up with one but I'd imagine shipping wouldn't be cheap from the US.
They only work in one direction, meaning it's only a "quick shift" when up-shifting. That said, it's not really necessary in the other direction IMO.

Now all of that said, unless you're pushing some serious power, they're pretty unnecessary. A little pressure on the shifter and a very slight and quick let-off of the throttle and it'll slip right on into the next gear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't hold your breath. An OEM option or standard feature on the new stuff, sure. But not a retrofit kit.
DynoJet is the best IMO... they have a pressure switch that goes inline with the shift linkage (they have "push" and "pull" versions, triple check your shit to make sure you're getting the right one). If you have a tuner nearby that knows his shit, he can program the ECU to work with it and you won't need to run it with a Power Commander... worst case, I can set you up with one but I'd imagine shipping wouldn't be cheap from the US.
They only work in one direction, meaning it's only a "quick shift" when up-shifting. That said, it's not really necessary in the other direction IMO.

Now all of that said, unless you're pushing some serious power, they're pretty unnecessary. A little pressure on the shifter and a very slight and quick let-off of the throttle and it'll slip right on into the next gear.
Cheers for all that. The quick shifter is because I am very lazy when I ride, especially when doing twisties. I have been doing the slight pressure, slight blip on throttle menouvre.

I have a mate who deals with Cordona in Italy with quickshifters etc. will get one through him. And the woolich racing software should allow me to tune the quickshifter in on that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts