Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
outside your window
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yella here from OZ ,new to the site and playing with my first real fighter .I have had a bunch of bikes previous and everytime I striped them down for work or cleaning it always seemed hard to put the plastic back on it all got to much so I sold my last bike 01 GSXR tracky and picked up a 96 ZX7 for a good price and I am starting work dunno how long it will take but its started. Mechanic by trade with fabbing and electrical experience so most of the work is done at home(not the paint I hate paint and prep work) and the plans so far are 02/3 R1 tail with a slight rise, integrated taillight and indicators , braided lines and new pads , new headlight unit Acerbis Cyclops , 520 conversion -1 +2 ,exhaust mod (looking at a small unit off a thumper just gotta make sure it flow is right), a clear clutch cover is on the cards , new dash unit and a general clean up I know there are a heap of little bits as well and stuff I have forgotten but that's the bulk of stage 1 , undecided if I will strip it and paint the frame or leave it will see how the $$$$ go when I have finished with the rest of the bits and pieces .I would love to build a twin fighter a VTR SP1 is high on the list so I will decide weather I go into stage 2 of a turbo and zx9 motor in the 7 or pick up a new project.
Great site I have been looking around and picked up a heap of good ideas and the parts places I have found will save me heaps even with shipping and the range of parts is huge :rock:
anyway enough of me here are a couple of (bad) pic's of my bike with bits dropped on just for fun

as it started

as I said bad pic's and the bits just sat in place to see how its gunna come together but ya get the idea

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Welcome.....another ZX7 on the board. I'm building one at the moment as well. Keep us posted on the progress.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
lookin good

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE!

looks like a good project. sounds like you'll do just fine with it.

that tail looks 100% better than the stocker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts