Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fighterererer
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully fitted gen2 (2008 on) Hayabusa wheels into anything other than gen2 busa forks?
I've been pretty much gifted a pair of immaculate wheels and want to use them but don't have the $$$ for gen2 busa/bking forks and yokes!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Invest in spacers and bearings and they'll fit a lot of things. It'd be easier to ask about what bike you're wanting to put them in.

·
Fighterererer
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Invest in spacers and bearings and they'll fit a lot of things. It'd be easier to ask about what bike you're wanting to put them in.
I've got 3 or 4 bikes that I'd use them in, it's the disc/rotor offset and the width of the hub that's the issue with the front wheel in particular. I know they don't fit Triumph T595 forks, GSXR Slingshot USD forks and they wont work with ZX6R forks.
I've got the rear fitted in a K9 GSXR 1000 swinger after chopping and re-welding the caliper carrier so the rears sorted to go into pretty much anything but I'm struggling with the front.
With the front successfully mated to a set of suitable forks it'll go into anything with a stem/bearing swap

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
R1 and GSXR1k wheels are commonly swapped into Busa's. Would stand to reason that it could go the other way around too.

·
Fighterererer
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R1 and GSXR1k wheels are commonly swapped into Busa's. Would stand to reason that it could go the other way around too.
I've only ever seen that on Gen1 Busas to be honest but it gives me something else to google!
The Gen1 and Gen2 Busa and TLr and TLs all have the same 214mm centres on the yokes, but the Gen2 Busa wheels wont fit a TL or a gen1 due to the disc offset/caliper mounts.
It looks like imma have to bite the bullet and buy a Gen2 Busa/BKing set of radial forks OR see if I can find a wheel that matches the Gen2 busa rear and will fit forks with 207mm centres and then I can use SRAD/K series gsxr forks and yokes and spacers to fit pretty much any other forks i choose

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
I've got plenty of trips and stems if ya need em. Have a set of forks too but I'm like 85% sure I'm gonna use them.

·
Fighterererer
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got plenty of trips and stems if ya need em. Have a set of forks too but I'm like 85% sure I'm gonna use them.
Appreciated man, I think I'm a bit far away though! I'm gonna have to find some trips/yokes with 214mm centres which is only TL and Busa I think, may as well go radial while I'm there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.