Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

is there any kind of motorcycle parts warehouse in the US? We had in Germany three big company
like NAPA or Advance Auto Parts or so but just for motorcycles where you can buy from brake pads
over several custom parts nearly everything for affordable prices.
I had a look in the Internet and found absolutely nothing like that. It's just I like to hold the parts in my
hand before buying 'em, specially exhausts and handle bars.

As I'm going to buy a GSX-R from '92 next week, I like to be a little prepared where to get parts
and plan the whole thing.

greetz
svenseman

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
i'm from indiana and theres none around here. just dealerships but they carry stock parts and limited at that.

what were the names of the companies you are refering to.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Not really. The Warehouse distributors are all dealer only. In other words you have to buy through a dealer. The closest thing to an Advanced or NAPA would be Cycle Gear, but again they don't exactly stock everything. But do have a few decent things on the shelf as far as maintaince items and add ons. Mostly a lot of riding gear. Jackets, helmets. The only "super store" I can think of would be Chappereale in SoCal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nothing I know of here in FL, we got cycle gear here too, but only a small stock of parts. I wonder how well a buisness like that would do here in the states.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
sounds like you need to make friends with whoever works at ur local shop. cuz if you wanna hold it and see it first, thats the only way. unless you can find a performance shop around that stocks the kinda stuff ur looking for.

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
Yeah, I havnt had any luck here in hawaii either. Although I do use one shop from time to time. They do charge alittle more than what I can get parts for online, but i also try to help out local businesses. For dealer items I use bikebandit. For helmets/jackets/etc I look online to see what I like, find a local dealer, go take a gander and try on if they stock it, and then look online for a good price. I know its kinda shitty to just goto a place to try stuff on, but if it means saving 150-200 dollars, then Im sorry but I gotta save the money, Im not Bill Gates here. If its a 10-15 dollar difference Ill usually just pick it up locally.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, I had a look around the local dealer shops. I asked for nothing special just a upper triple tree and a handle bar.
Nobody was able to get this stuff. And in the one shop the first guy had no idea what I'm talking about :nuts:
and an other who joined us later mentioned that he heard about it and the european guys doing this but they can't get those parts.
Do i really have to order everything I need from Germany directly or is there any other way to get it. :confused:
I just want a Spiegler oder LSL upper triple tree and a Fehling Dragbar 36” with a 6” drag, nothing special I thought.
I found a Fehling dragbar online but in 1” not in 22mm. The only parts I can get locally are the Kellermann from
my local Harley Dealer but that's it.
Oh man, I'm pretty much frustrated, :( I just got my 94' 1100W Gixxer and now absolutely no parts to start with it.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
So I'm guessing the culture shock has set in then... LOL. Sorry dude. Welcome to our world. That's partly why a lot of us make and modify parts to suite. We don't get much of the cool Euro parts.

You can order a top clamp direct from Spigler USA. Bars that wide in 22mm is going to be tough though. Most of that is going to be 1" here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup, most of us do find it easier and cheaper to just make parts than it is to order them from over seas.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@motorhead
sure, for the fiber stuff and so on but how would you make a top clamp from scratch.
I have neither the material nor the machines nor the knowledge to CNC a top clamp. :(
I'm not going to use stock ones, drill holes in it and bolt raisers on.
Those stock clamps are not designed for the force they must stand out with a handlebar
mounted and I saw already two friends with broken top clamps coming down after a wheely.
The only idea is to bolt another plate with raisers on top of the clamp like Spiegler is doing it
for some models, but be honest, it looks terrible doesn't it.
If you have the machinery for it just make a good price. I have a few good ideas for clamps
and complete triple trees as well, see below.
Would be great if we can work something out and realize our own ideas :party-smiley:

something like this one, just for example of my ideas
it's made of AL7075

@Scrapyard
Thanks for the info, I didn't know they have an Office in USA and I finally found their homepage and an authorized dealer near me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Actually that extra plate may not be that bad of an idea, they do stuff like that on cars all the time.

There are many bikes out there that come with handlebar risers already on them, will any of them fit your bike?

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just check my post above and my opinion about those plates.
And believe me, there is no clamp with handlebars of an other bike that fits the old Gixxers.
No offense man, but I guess we play in two different leagues and should close this here.
Thanks for your advice

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...Now where'd I put that hammer?!
you don't know about that hammer??? we going to modify it a little and use it as a suicide shifter beside the gas tank :D
ups didn't saw it was your sig

I just ordered all parts I need by a friend and he will ship the stuff over

1 - 16 of 16 Posts