Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember my thread about moving to Houston and searching for a new bike. Well I'm finally in the position (new apartment, car took a shit, engagement ring, etc.) and I've got it narrowed down to two. Looking for some opinions.

1.) 1999 Bandit 1200S. Mostly stock, has a Corbin seat, full Yoshimura exhaust, and K&N pods. $1900

2.) 1999 ZX-9R. Plastics are junked, but is mechanically solid. Comes with a nearly complete 1998 ZX-9R for parts, a couple jackets, and miscellaneous stuff. $1500

Both sellers say they're firm on their prices, but we'll see what cash does. I've had a B12 before, so I know what I'd be getting into there. I'm curious what people think about the Kawi. Seems like the better deal and it would round out owning the Japanese Big Four at some point. Kawi is going to weigh a lot less and makes more power as they sit.

The B12 looks almost too clean to fight out properly, while the Kaw gives me a chance to dive right back into fighterdom.

What do you fookers think?:letsride:

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
ZX9. A member here has one that makes just under 150hp at the rear wheel. It's down on torque compared to something like a Bandit, but you'll never notice.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read through that when I first found the ZX's. Have to say I'm leaning that way anyway. Maybe I just didn't see it, but what did he do for more power? Filter, exhaust, and jetting?

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Filter, full exhaust and jetting. He's doing some semi secret motor work this winter that may result in a small bump in power(maybe 5hp) but that bike is a monster. I've ridden it, a lot, and it makes every bit of 145+hp. I watched it disappear with to Piester's monster SRAD/K8-1000 GSXR.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like my decision is made then. I'm going to take a look tomorrow after work, so unless I can't make one good bike from the two, I'm going to try to get the seller to deliver them for me since I don't have a truck.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even better is that the lady is busy with a training for work all day Saturday so I get the day to myself to DW.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have to say I'm surprised that nobody is telling me Bandit with all the love they're given around here.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Bandits are cool I want one day to fighter out and add to the collection but the zx9 with a full parts bike at that price is a no brainer. If you want another b12 than get it but I'd go zx9 on this choice.

Looking forward to seeing your build which ever one you get.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went and bought it after work today. Here's the pictures from the CL ad

Everything important is there, and it runs and rides well, but there's plenty of work to be done. It also comes with about 80% of a second ZX9R good for parts.

Best part? Snagged it for $1200 and he's delivering it to me tomorrow or Sunday since I don't have a truck.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
LOL...

Look at your avitar and the first pic of the bike... I think it's is meant to be!

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You got one hell of a deal. So much for firm prices, what an idiot.
If I've learned anything from buying and selling bikes, it's that cash right now talks a lot louder than emailed offers.

LOL...

Look at your avitar and the first pic of the bike... I think it's is meant to be!
Right? I noticed that after I posted the pics. Maybe this one will end up with a VFR arm too. Either way he should be delivering this weekend, or Monday night at the latest. Slow build thread to follow!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts