Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
this is my boomstick
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i joined this forum like three days ago because i finally decided that i wanted to convert my 92 katana to a fighter. i followed a link to this forum from a dude named scrapper. he converted a 92 kat as well and it looks awesome. point is i started to try and strip her down only to realize how much i had jus gotten myself into. i dont know how he did it there is jus so much wiring and crap that i dont no where he stuffed it all.heres a pic of my pic before i tried and her is one now after the i have now gotten a few hours into it. pardon the color of the rims and seat its gonna change to black . honestly it probably looks like i havent done a thing besides take off the fairings but ive been have to re route so many wires and misc. parts

·
Insurance is good!
44 Posts
Dont get discouraged, just take your time and do research so when its time to make the change you know how to do it right.

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
dood im the poster child for discouragement. just keep plugging away. like everyone said make a list. and then slowly but surely start crossing the shit off of it. it may seem a lil overwhelming at first. but once you have a goal set forth u can start to work towarrds the light at the end of the tunnel

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Where are you located? We've got guys almost everywhere down to help out with other peoples projects...

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Everyone here is right. Make a list, check it twice, find out who's naughty or nice... wait, that's not right.

Attack things one by one. Don't start 5 different things, because that's when you get overwhelmed. Start small and move onto bigger things. If you get in over your head with one, move onto something smaller, while still trying to devise a plan to solve your original problem.

And a list really does help. It may seem like its always growing, yet its very rewarding to cross things off it it as well.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Get a manual on the bike! Nothing like having parts lists and pictures to help you wrap your head around where you need to be. Keep in mind most of the bikes you see in pics usually aren't a first bike. It's the result of more than one complete screwup and abject failure, culminating in a project that fails to live up to what we expected, but we can at least ride this one.

Reactions: Novtec_1

·
Bikeless
1,081 Posts
i know how you feel, making a fighter isn't a 1 day job, it could take months or years to get it exactly how you want it, but you'll get it eventuially. i hate wires (and carbs) but once you get it all sorted, you can ley you're imagine run wild and be creative.

·
60 Posts
You have a pretty good point to start from. I have a thread in this section about my 88 Kat 600. What you see in there has happened in just one month. You CAN make it happen. As everyone has stated, just focus on one thing at a time.

You're in the right place for information, so feel free to ask. Where are you located? I'm sure that whoever is close would be happy to help you out. Just don't let yourself get overwhelmed.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
This is like some kind of twisted Tony Robbins thread.. Haha.

Like the guys say, just plug away at it. It can seem pretty overwhelming at times but it's such a wicked good feeling when you get things done.

·
40 Posts
Don't get down on it man, everyone is right make a list or something or just start one project at a time with it. Start by just stripping the fairings and getting a good look at what the bike naked. Snap a few shots from all the way around and photo shop a bit to get an idea of what you want. Take a peek at some of the builds/do it yourself sections and you will get a few ideas on how you should attack yours.

Just keep at it and when its all said and done, you'll have something badass to show for it.:shocker:

·
student
1,347 Posts
hate to be a debbie downer, but i found the hardest part with my build, is ill decide to do something, and in theory it'll work in my head then i find out to make it work i have to do 10 other things.

it gets kinda depressing, but on the bright side your bike actually looks pretty good the way it is now besides the purple seat? idk how that got in there. so just try and stay focused and i find the thing that helps me the most is when you get stuck just take a break from it and read some build threads and you will have all the encouragement you will need.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
A good portion of these bikes dont get built on a speedy time frame. My bike was started in like 02 and im still working on it/changing things. I worked on my bike pretty hard core, rode it for awhile then i got another bike and pulled it off the road for a few years before i got back to it again. Keep it rideable so you can enjoy it and you will get much more motivation that way.

·
That's Mr.Newbie to you.
1,884 Posts
All I can say that hasn't already been said (or may have, I don't know. I'm too tired to read) is you'll find that the community on customfighters is unlike anything else. Everybody (and I do mean everybody) on here is more than willing to help you out in any way that they can, and they'll have your back through every step of your project. I've never seen so much support in any other enthusiast group that I've been a part of.

·
this is my boomstick
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys. idk yesterday i was jus having some anxietys about wether to commit to a fighter or jus slap the fairings back on. well i slept it off and came to the conclusion that i was jus gonna do the shit. so here is wat it looks like after day 2. fender gone, i forgot i had an old 82 yamaha exciter 250 in the shed out in the back yard. sure enough i yanked the headlight outta it, cut the fairings down to a meaner look. dont thing im done shaping them yet though(not quite there yet), and dyed the fruity purple on the seat black, now to jus paint the rims black pick a color for the remaining platics( either a deep blood red or a gun-metal grey) then i go on from there.
thanks for keeping me in the game guys

·
Fighterering since 1998
1,204 Posts
:cfcartman:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts