Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all you guys with a F2.

1992 F2
I am reading that if you plan to run with no plastics on a F2, you will need to modify the airbox vacuum or re jett. Is this true and if so why? I am planning on getting rid of my PO's hack job but can't really afford new fairings and just run it naked. Any help or info would be awesome.

I am slowly getting my parts and getting ready to build her, but want to make sure everything goes great.

·
Registered
740 Posts
It has to do with the ram-air system built into the fairings. Removing it effectively makes the airbox/intake track smaller, and with supersport tuned motors this has a larger effect than you might think. Especially 600s which seem to be extra sensitive to fueling changes.

In most cases rejetting can take care of the problems, though I couldn't tell you where to start. Sure someone here can chime in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I would really like to know the correct way to do this project so I don't screw anything up. Thank you for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
F2 didn't have any type of ram air system.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
I have experienced a lean condition at speed due to air being forced into the forward facing intakes.
I have read the best way to avoid this is to block off the front of the box and hole saw 2 new holes in the top of the lid. I can't confirm this, may be able to in about a month I hope :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts