Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI everyone. Ghostrider made an appearance recently at this years worlds fastest wheelie competition.

his averaged fastest wheelie was 215 mph.....and he wasnt even the winner!

HOLY FUCKIN INSANITY!:LolLolLolLol:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
damn lol....what was teh fastest? i heard that this is like teh 3rd ghostrider though...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah a Patrick "ghostrider" Furstenhoff did a 215.2 mph wheelie.

i find it hard to believe that ghostrider would post his name. cuz that might bring up some legal troubles!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the guy who won did like a 265 mph wheelie! jeeeeeeeeeesus!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gixerman said:
Some dude called Frank Gillebaard done a 265.4mph flyer on a turbo suzuki busa:rock:

:Stupid: wait...i am stupid! :LolLolLolLol:

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
are there any links to these types of vids?

*edit:

Guiness Book of World Records.
Motorcycle wheelie - fastest over kilometre
The record for the fastest motorcycle wheelie over 1 kilometre is 251.86 km/h (156.50 mph) achieved by Terry Calcott (UK) at Elvington Airfield, Yorkshire, UK on September 12, 2005.
I believe 260+km/h..... but MPH, that was/is unbelievable. If the comp was in any country but US, speeds would be posted in km/h. ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
PhatRR said:
are there any links to these types of vids?

*edit:

I believe 260+km/h..... but MPH, that was/is unbelievable. If the comp was in any country but US, speeds would be posted in km/h. ;)
+1

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PhatRR said:
im reading right here. right now. in Streetfighters magazine, in what appears to be a pretty confusing article.

It seems to say. there was a competition, the "06 wheelie championships and speed records meeting" to be exact. So at this competition they held the fastest wheelie AND fastest bike competitions.

fastest wheelie was 215.7 MPH by Ghostrider but this seems that he took the record for fastest "flying wheelie" which is popping one up at the highest speed, not necessarily riding it for a good distance at high speed. actually Ghostrider flew in from sweeden to attempt this record.
The other wheelie record (the one that is the focus of the wheelie comp.) is for doing a 1 kilometre wheelie at the highest possible speed, the fastest was 172.9 MPH by Terry Calcott on his k5 gsxr1k.

fastest streetbike belonged to Frank Gillebaard and his turbo busa doing a 265.4 MPH run. no wheelies involved there.

:wtf: confusing!

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
PhatRR said:
i agree that is a pretty amazing speed to be doing especialy on one wheel but We use MPH in England so i'd guess all the figures would be in that format, one of the writers of streetfighters mag hangs out on another forum i use so i'll PM him and ask:D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you guys, i SWEAR i can read. those speeds posted are in MPH.

172.9 MPH - 1 kilometre wheelie

215 MPH- fly by wheelie (popping it up at high speed)

265 MPH - top speed bike (on both wheels)

:party-smiley:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gixerman said:
i agree that is a pretty amazing speed to be doing especialy on one wheel but We use MPH in England so i'd guess all the figures would be in that format, one of the writers of streetfighters mag hangs out on another forum i use so i'll PM him and ask:D
UM buddy! why dont you get him on THIS FORUM!!! :metal: :D

:cfrocks:

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
That's rediculously insane......upto 5 years ago the posh wannabe supercars (Mercedes SLR, 911's, Ferrari 360's) were all pushing the 200MPH speedlimit.

I can't imagine going 200MPH on a bike let alone on one wheel.

That is pure badass. I didn't mean to correct, just seemed REALLY crazy!

What do these people say to themselves when they wake up?
"Today is a good day to die..."

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
PhatRR said:
That's rediculously insane......upto 5 years ago the posh wannabe supercars (Mercedes SLR, 911's, Ferrari 360's) were all pushing the 200MPH speedlimit.

I can't imagine going 200MPH on a bike let alone on one wheel.

That is pure badass. I didn't mean to correct, just seemed REALLY crazy!

i would definately try it if i had a bike like that lol:rock: :squid:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PhatRR said:

you mean...you dont say that every morning??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts