Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some bars that look like a flat version of this:

http://www.bikeparts.com/pimage/BPC127488.jpg

Basic reason is I want my hands exactly as far forward and level with the riser clamps on my bike (which are a solid piece with the top triple, no replacing those). Drag bars would do that, but I want a lot more sweep than those would have.

Must be ~30 inches wide, w/ 30+ deg sweep, 7/8" diam, and able to run wiring inside (I'll drill the holes, but sharp welded corners are a no go). Might end up making my own if I can't find any - if I do, any interest in buying? I'll be running them on my GL1000, but I think they would be a good tank-clearing option for anybody who wants a long reach to the bars combined with a lot of sweep and zero rise. Basically a cafe bar that sits a bit higher up and a bit further forward, so as to clear the tank (also good for dudes with long torsos and arms).

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a couple options for sale, went with the only one available in the USA, from LowBrow. Not wide enough (only 26.5") but I can chop them in the center and add a segment, which will be hidden by the bar clamp. Had just enough in my paypal acount to cover the cost + shipping. :)

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
if you want something very specific like that sometimes its easier to just buy a piece of 7/8 tubing and have someone bend it however u want.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Certainly was an option I considered (even called a buddy who knows a guy who does that sort of thing), but impatience and lust for chrome won out (painted steel isn't the look I want there, PC is spendy). May end up doing that down the line anyhow, but this seemed a good solution, cost wise- bars were under $40 shipped.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Oh thats pretty cheap. I still build choppers here and there and actually use lowbrow tanks from time to time and there parts arent usually that cheap but thats a pretty good deal.

I have always been curious about making my own bars. 7/8 tight radii die from jd2 is only $150. Could be worth it if I had a few people who wanted custom bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.