Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Awesome forum-site! :drinks:

I`m rigging my GSXR for a better riding position (backpain victim:jpshakehead.sml: ).
I wouldnt call it a 100% streetfighter build but its close to. Anyways, this site is the shit when fightering a motorcycle, and I`ve been searching around some time now, looking for good fighter-sites.
I take my hat off to all you serious builders out there. It`s an artform, it really is...but I`m no artist.

About my build, I got a CNC yoke convertion kit from topyokes.com and I have removed fairings, thats about it currently. Waiting for longer brakelines (that I forgot to order with the yoke in the first place :angry: )
Been looking around for a good solution for bellypan on this bike, not quite sure what to do with that yet...
And the coolant expansionbottle, where to put that ugly thing..??

The bike:

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Hello and welcome to CF fellow Norwegian :) nice going there :) there are tons of coolant overflow bottle threads on the forum if you serch (or look at the thread ****** gave you) there are a ton of cool solutions :)
Where are you from in norway?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
I don't believe it matters, the radiator pushes or pulls the coolant to your bottle through heat expansion and contraction when cooling. Most have it close to the radiator but the factory puts a lot expansion containers in the tail.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Yes exactly, thats what I`m aiming at. Hiding it in the tail
Why would you want to hide it ? Oo
The overflow bottle could be a really cool feature if it's done right :) some people even got more then one ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why would you want to hide it ? Oo
The overflow bottle could be a really cool feature if it's done right :) some people even got more then one ...
Haha, you are right, its cool to mount a Jim Beam bottle on the bike, but it would only be a thing the police will stop you over for. Dont want that ;)

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Haha, you are right, its cool to mount a Jim Beam bottle on the bike, but it would only be a thing the police will stop you over for. Dont want that ;)
Haha, yea i get that point, like if the "awesome bike" thing isn't enough all ready :p
i have some plans for a future project, want to have a black matt bike but with pictures from dantes inferno paint brushed on the side, and then a "red devil" energy drink bottle as a coolant overflow bottle :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha, yea i get that point, like if the "awesome bike" thing isn't enough all ready :p
i have some plans for a future project, want to have a black matt bike but with pictures from dantes inferno paint brushed on the side, and then a "red devil" energy drink bottle as a coolant overflow bottle :)
How does matt black and paintbrushing go together?? Just tought of it.... Isnt paintbrushing kind of shiny??

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Yes it is. And thats why it should be paintbrushed in the same color. So that the picture isn't seen before light hits it just right... but it wont be on my current oroject. Im working on the zombiebike now... going for a dark armygreen'ish color.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.