Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who still makes full systems or even just the headers for the early gsx-r600w and maybe even the 750w? What other exhausts can be made to fit (attn: Svenseman)??
Basically I have a custom exhaust in mind but I need a 4-into-1 header instead of the two 2-into-1 headers. I guess I could make a collector but was wonder what is out there.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
im interested in this answer to. mines has a full yosh but its rusty. i wizzwheeled it the took a r6 slip on and used flashing as a gasket

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
Hi Raven
D&D is still making them for your bike, slip-on and full systems
GSXR-600

you can use the 750W/1100W as well, the headers may just be a little longer because of the taller motor
but it's rideable, if you don't like it you can cut 1"-2" off the headers to make 'em fit

Yoshimura still produces for 1100W, it's just slightly too long

·
813 Posts

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
It’s not really turning it into a 4-in-1 header. The tubes of the 4-in-1 have a certain length
to reduce back pressure and optimize the exhaust flow especially in the collector tube which
has a bigger calculated diameter for a optimized single out muffler.
If you just close the second (left) out of the stock header you will get a higher back pressure and
so the interference tube won’t work the way it’s supposed to, which is to create a certain
oscillation in your exhaust system, because of the disturbance of the closed and not flow optimized
second (left) outlet.
And because of that you may loose a couple horsepower which you will feel pretty much with the 600ccm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts