Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the bolt size and thread for the bolts that hold the subframe the main frame?? I wanna say they are M10's, and no idea what pitch?? Anyone know for sure?

Sure, I can check when I get home, but what fun would that be? ;)

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
it is '94, but sorry no picks yet
I just finished the motor (it's now a 1206) and after all I disassembled the whole ride to start
the modifications to it, I guess pictures are available earliest in December right here

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, M10, 1.0 pitch. I have M10's with 1.5 mm pitch....figures. LOL

I just needed to basically know the hole diameter, for a part I was drawing up today. Thanks.

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
it is '94, but sorry no picks yet
I just finished the motor (it's now a 1206) and after all I disassembled the whole ride to start
the modifications to it, I guess pictures are available earliest in December right here
Is the 1206 an overbore kit? I've been tinkering with the idea of getting one. I want a little more "ooomph" from my 1100W.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
something like that, you can buy it as a 1206 kit but you get just 1198ccm for real. I have a set of 79,95mm Wiseco Pistons it it. It's the maximum you can get without a new cylinder.
Next phase would be the cylinder and pistons out of a 1200 Bandit, which will get you 1260ccm with stock parts but for the moment I'm very satisfied with my setup. It's not about HP it's all about torque :D

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Thread jackers.....LOL
sorry DZ, but when I see a european streetfighter like Svenseman's, I get all worked up :jump_fire:

Thanks for the info Sven, I'm going to look more into this, I might be PMing you for more info :LolLolLolLol:

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
hey DZ did you find out the info you needed? i was thinking about adding a gixxer 1K swing arm to my sv. cousin is making a drag bike. and is giving me the swing arm? if its i'm good if not oh well.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey DZ did you find out the info you needed? i was thinking about adding a gixxer 1K swing arm to my sv. cousin is making a drag bike. and is giving me the swing arm? if its i'm good if not oh well.
I am not sure what you are asking me. LOL

I did find the bolt sizes for my subframe question. Thanks.

As far as putting any GSXR swinger on an SV frame....no go, unless you wanna move the rear shock mounts on the SV frame.....the SV's have the shock offset, since the the hole in the subframe is also shared by the exhaust from the rear cyclinder.....and the GSXR's are obviously in the center.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts