Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've started! :party-smiley: "Cheap Trick" cos I want to keep the expense of crash damage to a minimum.
The painkillers are history so long as I take it easy and get the muscle from the missus!

I've just about got everything together I need. All from my desktop! Inspiration from all sides. Cheers.

Started with this:
gixer4x2.jpg front.jpg

Which became this:
fallen gixer.jpg P8180064.jpg

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now after taking off what I can manage 1 and 1/2 hands worth of work later.

Similar but now got bars off and top yoke ready for security torx T40 bit to arrive!
frnt off sm.jpg

Ready for engine clean before black laquer.
Engine clean.jpg

First mod was to remove tailpiece and remove the 2 flasher relay spades from the block (the original relay also covers side stand cut out).
LED Relay wiring.jpg

The tailpiece will have cut outs to each side of the tail light for the strip LEDs.

Till later...will have larger inserted images when a bit more interesting:fu:

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will be giving it a bit of paint too. Renthals different lights no mirrors. shortened/stubby end can. But really just to get back ont road ready for when the plaster comes off the arm! Hopefully in 5 weeks time.

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still clearing the way but before Rad off I positioned the expansion bottle. AND I've just sussed how to insert images!!:Stupid:

Will fit OK so now off with Rad and bars etc. Looking cleaner now. Gunk the engine next and then power wash.

LED relay in position and wired.

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 tin of "Granville's Cylinder Black" £3.99
If the pipes looks naff when cured then I might wrap them.

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally cut the end can down by 220mm (8 3/4") stainless rivets new band and badge £10.

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Drilled holes for the rear LED indicator strip.

Checking the indicator strip for fit and position.

Bottom clamp, steering damper and rad now black.

·
now with 20% more gravy
2,314 Posts
Drilled holes for the rear LED indicator strip.

Checking the indicator strip for fit and position.

Maybe cause its plastic it was easier but still that is some hole drillin' perfection. I've done exactly the same with aluminum, or aluminiumium as people in your country say, and they didn't come out near that perfect to fit my flex strip through. Nice and neat, good job.

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe cause its plastic it was easier but still that is some hole drillin' perfection. I've done exactly the same with aluminum, or aluminiumium as people in your country say, and they didn't come out near that perfect to fit my flex strip through. Nice and neat, good job.
LOL....Only an extra i over here ...Alinuiminiumi

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The tail piece will be standard, just the LED indicator strips and numberplate bracket.
I'll clean all the scuffs etc and spray up black with faded silver "flames". Loads of laquer:rock:

The front needs the headlight brackets sorting next and the cables and pipework tidying up. Then the clocks have to have somewhere to live!! Renthals on with RaceTech levers.

The expansion bottle doesn't leak:thumbsup:But not sure how it's supposed to work!

Don't you just love tywraps?

I'm guessing this bottle is the same as "Rob the Brit's" but his pic has gone.

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well...I fucked up the headlight surround :doh: New I should have waited till I could use the drill properly.

Drilled for the indicators like the rear but wtf...my holes are a mile off! Oh well have to change the plans slightly. Drill the holes 8mm instead of 6 and drill stainless plate with the correct pitch to cover over them...If I keep it quiet no-one will know......

·
Hazards-r-us
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK ideas on Bellypans please guys!

Using the old fairing? cos it has the oil cooler guard built in. I don't fancy using the bike with it unprotected, the first week I got the bike the rad got holed:mad:

Belly pan.JPG Belly pan 1.JPG Belly pan 2.JPG Belly pan 4.JPG Belly pan 6.JPG Yay or nay?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts