Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son of a bitch did it before I did.. I chat with this guy from the Netherlands every so often that has an FZR 600 and is doing the same R6 swingarm swap as I am.. Well the fucker got his to fit without cutting the swingarm. Looks like Ill be working on mine this week lol

Heres his..

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
looks good dood. at least know you have someone to trouble shoot with!!

looks like he had to grind away at the frame??

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
Did you (and he) make sure that the shock angle is as close to, if not identical to, stock as possible?

Those are the kinds of little things that people forget sometime.

I know a guy who fit a gixxer arm to a KZ, and he actually welded a plate and mounted the gixxer shock longitudinally paralell to the ground. Different shocks are made to take stresses in different positions... and a gixxer shock isn't made to do it that way.

Will it still work somewhat? Yeah, sure... but not to its full potential.

I've always been of the opinion that the engineers who build the bikes know more about the math behind everything than any of us ever will, so I try to keep it their way with things like that.

Anyhow, looks good.

Let me know if you need any small parts for the arm you have... I have a complete arm and some spares plus the shock/linkages that I was going to use, but not I've got an R1 setup instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts