Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally happened, I'm gonna own a Kawasaki (first one for me in nearly 10 years of riding!).

I'm pretty stoked about the bike as I got to ride it last night and the feel of a snarling 4 cylinder under me again was just too much! I fell in love instantly with what I know this bike could be, not so far off from my CB360 or my XS Interceptor's ratfighter styling with what I'm seeing in my head for this bike.

Despite it's looks I have a good idea of the outcome of this project. :thumbsup:

It's the frame and engine that counts for me, I'm thinking it will look like an Eddie Lawson era "Rat-SuperBike" as if his championship machine had been pulled from a junkyard after a crash on the street from an unwise and heavy handed owner and returned to the previous mechanical glory without the cosmetics being refurbished, just a few coats of flat black. :D

After nearly a few years here you may be getting the idea of how often I turn out some pretty cool rat bikes. ;)

Once the beast is home and safe in the next few days I will link the build thread to this topic for the people interested. I have some big plans for the bike as I just explained and I'm really looking forward to this project!

-Rat

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
fucking sweet dude. FLATTRACKER??? :D

Reactions: RatFighter

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imagine this bike, styled like the Road Rash 3D "predator 750" with the fork mounted oil cooler and mini HID lights. I'm thinking it may be the way it goes. I have the parts, may as well go for broke! :D

Make it look like it started its life as this:

But after being pulled from a junk yard was rebuilt into this:

No matter how this project goes, it's going to be one "mutha fucka" of a build. I'm just itching for another 4 cylinder bike!! The bark of KZ's pistons and valves is so distinct and so intoxicating! :D

-Rat

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
You said something about HIDs. Wanna chat? LOL

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
sweet been jammin keep it up

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said something about HIDs. Wanna chat? LOL

Looking to get rid of some HID's or something? I have a 7" round on the shelf but I've been doing that to almost every bike since I began building, figured I would change it up a little with this build. ;)

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
Looking to get rid of some HID's or something? I have a 7" round on the shelf but I've been doing that to almost every bike since I began building, figured I would change it up a little with this build. ;)
I just love lights dude and if you ever wanna chat about lights hit me up. I'm like a damn 13 year old girl on the phone when it comes to lights.

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where did you get this beast from?

Rat - i got that 16" wheel we talked about for the other project.

Holy shit! Really?! That's effin' badass! :rock::rock::rock:

That CB is gonna live up to the old 80's "superbiker" standards yet! :thumbsup:

Where did I get it? Tragic story really, a buddy of mine called me up the other day, says his Ma's boyfriend has a degenerative bone disease and was out riding, put a foot down at a stop light, hit oil with his foot, tipped over and broke his right leg. He's in the hospital now and hates to see the bike go, had a few offers in the first day or so but said he didn't want to sell it. Yesterday he heard I had an interest in the bike and said from his hospital bed, "It's his, I know he can appreciate it enough to take it off my hands.".

I'm quiet taken back by the gesture of this old biker to the young blood of the lifestyle. The old K Zed is ugly and needs a little TLC but it's a great rider and will make an awesome fighter in the long run.

Pretty stellar stuff, I want to do right and make this old biker proud to have sold his last machine of his life to a rider that will carry the torch on into the future with pride and dignity!

Thus far, the Kay Zed Five Fifty parts are as follows:

GPz600R suspension, wheels, fork, swinger, triples, etc. and brakes, just need to swap stems.

Top GPz triple is drilled for bar mounts and the mounts are on hand. Just need some bars.

The GPz seats might work for the project, along with that I have a R6 tank to use the skin of for a more modern looking cover over the factory KZ tank. Might work.

It's already running a 7" round and seems to be doing fine with it for now, I'll have to look a bit deeper into this Road Rash prep once the basics come together for the overall look of the bike.

I have a GPz header too, we'll see if it fits! And if it don't, I'll make it fit! Plus I have a Yoshi RS-3 stainless oval shorty for the project. :D

Many tail lights on hand, fiberglass is not beyond my means, we'll see where this goes...

Oh yeah, I'm going to pick the bike up tomorrow! And there is a parts bike too. :D

-Rat

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Post up some pics.

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
Awesome dude. So is it the LTD you're getting or standard?

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I kinda jumped the gun on the announcment of the K zed five five zero, but, I have been looking for a possible replacement for my beloved 4 cylinder B12 and finding this thing was like being struck by lightning, all I could see in my mind was the Predator 750 from road rash.

I've been really busy, still really busy, got a moment to take out ratsroadeater and put my bro Toc on the CB-Ratfighter, that was a great break! I got alot of shit to unpack from my move, alot of shit to do to the bike to sort things out, and some much needed riding time with my good ol' roads (moved back to the home town) that I love so dearly and ride so fiercly!

I'll get a build thread started on the KZ (the brown one) and start test fitting GPz600R parts on the parts KZ (the black one) pretty soon as I live right next door to the 'rents now so the bike is a short walk across the yard. That means more Doing Work!! :rock:

I'll link the build thread to here when it gets going, until then, thanks guys, I appreciate your enthusiasm for my builds! :party-smiley:

-Rat

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
:wtf:

I was planning to do that on a future build...

you've got like telepathy or some shit. lol
he's the 2nd or 3rd...

thing is no one has it done.... *yet*!

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
i really really want to see this project take off.

if it would be any help to you i might be able to find more pics of that bike?

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts

FUCK YES!:D

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

That would be awesome bro, I'm really starting to pull together the parts for this build and it's looking more and more like it's going to fall right into place! The GPz suspension/wheels/tires/brakes and the GPz "Vance & Hines" 4-1 header are all a pretty close if not bolt on fit to the KZ!

The blessing here is the parts bike head tube says 8-82 and the runner says 10-82 so they came off the assembly line as identical models. This means I can do all the leg work on part fitment with the parts machine and just bolt it together on the runner.

I'm figuring once the GPz swinger and CBR adjustable shock are fitted to the KZ frame I will be able to do a minimal subframe with that wicked tiny german fighter tail of the Predator 750 with my Yoshi RS-3 muffler as the finishing touch to the exhaust. I've wanted to go extreme as all hell for a north american builder and I think this is it!

So, nobody has done the fork mounted oil cooler with dual rounds above it?! You better believe I'm going to change that!! :D

Thanks guys, without CF the world would never know the Predator 750 could/will/be reality!

-Rat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts