Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WannaBe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across these forums while researching my next project/venture, I found a (VERY) cheap 85' Suzuki GS700ES. Really excited to get back into the older bikes, especially an ongoing "project" that runs and drives. All I've had lately are newer bikes, and I'm honestly sick of all the cleaning, washing, polishing and worrying about keeping up the appearance. I'm excited to get back into the nitty gritty, hacking and welding, busting out a rattle can for a new paint job every week because I simply "don't give a f*ck!". The bike is actually quite clean, recently painted, we'll maintained. It does need at minimum a good care clean and adjustment, at worst a carbon rebuild, otherwise it's really the price that attracted me to it... $300 and it's all mine! And it even has a title! For 300, even if it had original ruined paint, cracks and chunks in every fairing, missing the wheels, it'd be worth the 3 to just part out, or make some Frankenstein go kart or quad something-or-rather. But instead, for $300, I fully intend to enjoy the hell out of this thing, breath new life into it (and me), and run it into the ground! I got to pick it up on Tuesday, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here, asking for help, as well as contributing as much as I can!

As for me, I'm 32 years old, live in Worcester Ma but im originally from Cape Cod where my familly still lives, I'm a single father to 2 kids with another on the way with a relatively "new" girlfriend. Oh the joys of having a penis! Yes, I agree, time for a vasectomy. Anyway, my 2 sons are 10 and 7, both are special needs. That's a big reason I haven't had a bike in a few years, after their mothers death, I had to come back to reality, readjust my life and priorities, give up all the excess including all my big boy toys, bike, quads, pit bikes... everything went. I went from working part time and being a full time jackass, to working 70-80 hours a week between 2 jobs just to pay for their medications, physical therapy, and treatments. And now I'm a better man for it. I was always a good father, always around and put them first, but I took advantage of the fact they had another parent with their mother, took it for granted is more honest! Nowadays, my time is spent fulfilling the day's planner, and in the free time, trying to plan and adjust the daily planner, lol. I recently actually had to quit one of my jobs just to be able to get them to and from all their appointments, it would have been bye bye to both jobs if my boss weren't a saint who understood my situation and allowed me to make my own schedule and work any time, any day.

So there you have it. My life in a nutshell. Oh, and I formerly owned and operated a powder coat shop, which I sold to my father and it's still operational. I currently offset my 2nd job loss by taking on side work coating and sandblasting, so if anyone needs or wants any work done, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Goodonya Rob' ! Im close to ya mate up in NH def will call fer PCoat work when I get tha need .
Life sux fer sure but ya seem ta have taken it on at face value and are winning tha battle !
welcom in if ya need help PM me im always here :D

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
welcome in broddah

Reactions: ROBBO
1 - 5 of 5 Posts