Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fah-Q
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, here we are. i have the 08 r6 tail on my 03 gsxr600. amazingly, the top two bolts line up perfectly. here is my question. for the bottom two brackets, would it be doable for maybe a set of knucks as the brackets? the bottom holes from the subframe to the bottom holes on the frame of the bike. would this compromise the structural integrity? dont want the wifey falling off mid flight.

here is the side view, where you can see the holes.

here are my bad ass knucks. i know they suck. stfu.

·
nice trac phone
1,838 Posts
id have a bracket made thats strong before worrying about it being aesthetically pleasing. You could always have a bracket milled with the knuckles on them

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Hrmmm, its hard to tell how it would affect the strength of the subframe. But if you think you can make it work I may be able to cut you a bracket with knucks in it out of plate steel on the waterjet.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
I think flint can hook you up.

Reactions: ROBBO and evanm619

·
Fah-Q
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your the man flint. when ya wanna get this ball rolling. im ready when you are. thanks bro:thumbsup:

Reactions: ROBBO

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
your the man flint. when ya wanna get this ball rolling. im ready when you are. thanks bro:thumbsup:
Get me the center to center measurements, hole dia's and I'll draw something up tonigh. Pm me your cell number and I'll send you a pic

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Second thought, the plate really should contact both the top and bottom attach points on the frame and subframe. If I do it just to attach to the bottom point on the sub and frame its gonna be flimsy as hell.

·
Fah-Q
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so am i gonna need some kind of cross member? i think im just gonna go with knucks attached to the piece. . .

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts

What about something like that? give the lower part a long edge that meets the frame to prevent it from rotating?

Reactions: evanm619

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
so am i gonna need some kind of cross member? i think im just gonna go with knucks attached to the piece. . .
Its real hard to tell from the pics. Just pm me the hole dia and center distance. I'll cut yah something. If you can make it work, cool. Otherwise we can adjust it later.

·
Fah-Q
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

What about something like that? give the lower part a long edge that meets the frame to prevent it from rotating?

love it, thats perfect. what you think flint? if its a go, you just need measurements from hole to hole? and the dia of the hole?

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
love it, thats perfect. what you think flint? if its a go, you just need measurements from hole to hole? and the dia of the hole?
Yup, and how big in dia I can make the area that the bolt goes through.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
bad idea, sorry. Just as flint said you need more than the two holes. even with it resting on the frame on the lower portion i wouldnt trust it. You will be relying on the torque of the bolt to hold things in place rather than the geometry of the bracket/bolt hole locations. And i have a feeling that while you said the upper two line up perfectly, thats not the case. The sub on your gsxr bolted to the inside of the frame, not the outside like on the r6. I bet that you have a single point pushing on the inside of the r6 sub.

I would say your best bet is to make a plate that bolts to the factory spot on the gsxr and has two additional holes for the r6 tail. I would under no circumstance ride 2 up on that thing.

·
Trackday junkie
139 Posts
I agree with shift. My thinking is you need a triangular plate using top and bottom mounts on the frame down to the R6 bottom mount.

·
Fah-Q
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well shit. :oops:

·
Fah-Q
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
welp, im not doing this on my own. a little too advanced for me. anyone looking for welding work?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts