Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just a quick question. I came across a guy selling a bunch of cbr parts (91-94), like the whole front end, swing arm and wheels, harnesses and carbs, etc, even the motor. He only wants 300 for it all, which i think is a good deal, but i really want the front end, how easy is it to sell these older parts?

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
The wheels are a quick sale, but that would be my sole reason for dragging the rest of it with me when I bought it. Might get lucky and have a decent brand name jet kit in the carbs you could turn over for $50, a good rear shock is worth it to alot of older air shock riders that want a modern adjustable replacement, but again, it's a cheap part, $20 is about standard price.

If you were to sell the stuff it would take a bit. I helped my brother part out a '96 CBR600F3 a few years ago and still have the carbs minus the stage 1 dynojet kit on the shelf, it's a hard sale with the older sportbike parts. I've had a lump of wheels for sale for weeks and not one inquiry on them although they are rather popular sizes and styles.

If you don't mind tossing a bunch of it out for free or as junk, it could be worth it for the wheels and suspension bits for a build.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up buying it. Got the motor, two sets of carbs, two harnesses, some electronic speedo, whole front end, extra wheel, and a bunch of other stuff. Two tanks. Literally everything except the frame, which she had, just wouldn't give me. If i find a cbr f2 frame i could build a new bike, which im going to try to do.

Any of you have an F2 frame???!!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts