Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
work is pretty much shut down, im in by myself, means I can potter about at lunch time

seemed a good time to see if this engine would actually fit

mounts are all wrong, but it,ll fit

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
all the unneeded brackets removed

made up a pair of very rough engine mounts, engine is a smidge tall, breather box in the rocker cover hits

fuck all clearance

the cover has a steel plate inside, reckon there is modification room

plenty clearance now

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
output shaft is also miles away from the right place, or alternatively the swingarm pivot is too low..... I see more surgery coming

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
this is getting thrown back together and put back in hibernation, before it grows arms and legs, its not the simple engine swap I thought

to be continued .........

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
the saga continues... picked up an organ donor , hopefully this'll make things a bit easier , a ZED motor would have been better, obviously, but i don't have one of them, so lets try this

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
managed to grab a couple of hours , sprocket cover , lets give it a scrub.... fair to say it needed it

Engineering Gas Machine Motor vehicle Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part

unfortunately, this isn't fitting in no parts washer

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
started scrubbing the motor, still in the back of the van, think i prob transferred most of the detritus onto myself and the van, but i can now work with it without getting too filthy

unsurprisingly, under the sprocket cover was especially grubby

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Machine tool Engineering Gas

as far as I know it has an oil leak, I'm hoping not from the drain tubes, so I'll do a dry build , have it running like this before making pretty

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Machine tool Engineering Gas
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Gas Auto part

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
stripped the carbs down and gave them a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner, bit of work needed still, but they look like they will be ok

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Font Engineering
Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I have no luck with carbs, air screw was jammed solid all the way forwards , tried utrasonic, acf50, bit of heat... nope.... the fact the screwdriver slot had seen better days didn't help . Sooo , i drills a little hole, pops in an easy out ,against my better judgement, long story short, the ally around the screw split and the inside of the body burst .... bugger... at worst i have a mock up set of carbs, not rushing into spending loads on a new set straight away. Found a set on ebay for cheap, spares or repair, but they are mk1, i'd rather have both sets the same , not sure if bodies are interchangeable

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Engineering
Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Hood

·
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
well, since i broke it.... i better fix it , popped an 8mm hole through , it'll get plugged with an insert mimicking the airscrew socket

i need to find out if the hole I unearthed should be plugged , or open to the air screw

Eye Automotive tire Automotive lighting Water Drinkware
Hand Finger Auto part Bag Electric blue

81 - 100 of 106 Posts