Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DIZZLE
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pulled over by a state trooper today, he wasn't a jerk though, he asked why the bike wasn't inspected. My reply just got it road worthy and was taking it out to try it out. He said that the person would be crazy if any one ever put an inspection sticker on this motorcycle. He went over all of the things I could get tickets for the bike. you need your plate mounted higher up in the stock position, you have no reflectors on the front or rear of the bike, you need a front fender, you need a rear fender, chain guard, directional that stick out farther, mirrors that are 2 inches in diameter, a speedometer, and probably other things I am forgetting. While I was pulled over (downtown) a few people stopped to look at the bike. While he was looking up the bike (i didn't have my registration on me). He had to ask me what kind of bike it was. He then told me if I don't get it inspected and don't fix all of the things, it would cost me a lot of money. He then let me drive away :party-smiley:

·
Change or Die
991 Posts
Play the lottery, it must be your lucky day! One in a million chance of getting a non-dickhead trooper.

·
Clutch it up already!
708 Posts
Usually they are something liek, "Pull that sumbitch over, NOW!!!" or " Why didnt you run?" or after you hand them your firearms license they ask " Are you a cop" 15 times. Yoy got LUCKY bro. Play the numbers tonight!

·
Winter's comin... :(
4,869 Posts
Let's see... the last time I got tapped on a bike, I didn't have a license (never have had an "M", actually), registration was switched off a 'ped, no insurance, and I was carrying a .380.

Normally, the .380 part wouldn't matter, because it wasn't loaded, but I was on "conveyance", which technically makes it concealed in PA. We have legal open carry here, and noone can say anything if I'm just walking down the street, but the second I get on/in a vehicle, it's a problem.

That said, the officer was VERY cool... followed me home and made sure I parked the bike, and never said another word about it.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Ya got lucky he didn't write a bunch of fixit tickets.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
a cop pulled me over once

"Your headlight is out"
*walks to the front of the car*
*punches my headlight*
*walks back to my window*
"I fixed it. Good night!"
*drives off*

it was 1:00 AM on a Friday

new england rocks :rock:

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
the cop who pulled me kept asking if my bike was stolen and that it went down really hard...

i told him" yeh you were there to clean up when i went down" last year
...he was like OHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEHH....

·
FUCKED UP AND IN FRONT
2,808 Posts
It's funny, I only met one dick cop as a civvy. He was a new kid who tried to tell me my DOT certified turn signals were illegal cause they were too small.

Quick story since we are talking about cool cop shit...

When I was a street cop, I always had a soft spot for bikes, no matter what. I was at the intersection and a kid with his chick on the back of his bike were a couple cars ahead of me. The light turns green and this kid lifts it up and rides a wheelie, makes the left turn and continues down a way before laying the front wheel back down. I'm smiling and all these people are looking at me like aren't ya gonna do something. So I say fuck to myself and turn the lights on and pull the kid over. He stops right away. I told him that the only reason I pulled him over was so I didn't get a complaint for just sitting there and that I thought it was the coolest fuckin thing I had seen in a while. We both laughed and I told him to be careful and have a great day.

This kid was the only person in my career that ever wrote a letter to the PD telling the boss what a professional I was and how rare it was to not be treated like crap. That one letter made all the hundreds of complaints worth it.

See, we can all get along LOL

·
Winter's comin... :(
4,869 Posts
My Sister in Law's bf just graduated and started employment in the PaSP... I'm the only family member that I know of that hasn't attempted to use that to my advantage.

The closest I came was asking him to submit a VIN to be checked up before I bought a bike, but I could have just taken the VIN down to the local cop shop and had that done myself.

·
The Broccoliciousness
343 Posts
Let's see... the last time I got tapped on a bike, I didn't have a license (never have had an "M", actually), registration was switched off a 'ped, no insurance, and I was carrying a .380.
Really? You get this week's "that guy" award for being a walking cliche.

·
squid
1,038 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts