Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I'm new to this forum and thought I would be documenting some of my planned work with getting my GPX600R -90 to be a fighter... a budget fighter (for now)

My bike was stolen some 10 years ago, then crashed, found by the police and after that it has been sitting in my garage, collecting dust until now.

I have a visual plan in my mind, but I will see how possible it is to get it done without spending to much and with a relatively small time frame.

I will surely read all I can on this forum, and also ask a lot of questions I believe.

But for now - enjoy some pics.

As it has been sitting in three of my garages for at least the last 10-12 years

Spray filler. Will do a proper job later with body filler to get rid of all those dents

Quick, temporarily fitting

Photoshop to help visualize my goals with this build

Need to get those carbs off! But that's not a fun clearance to play with when your air ducts are old and stiff like a board!

Carbs out!

Guess I'm in need of some cleaning and some new parts maybe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course I thought of tjat! Original tank isn’t the prettiest, but for now I’ll stock with it at least until I get it running and back on the streets.

Do you by any chance know of a tank that will fit somewhat easy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's been a slow build as I have been waiting for parts for so long. Some parts hasn't even arrived yet, but I bought another bike to borrow parts from (that build will be posted as soon as I start)

Here is my bike in its current condition.
Waiting for a time to get it to the motor vehicle inspection.

https://imgur.com/vFviPxh

https://imgur.com/fvworPl

·
Registered
997 Posts
That tank could be the basis for something really neato if you're comfy with fiberglass, I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts