Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fabbed up the muffler hanger today and bought an exhaust adapter needed to start working on a mid-pipe.

I'm most likely going to have to have a heat shield on the muffler as my heel rests on it.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I was just messing around yesterday in the garage and noticed the fairing sticks out a bit. Took some measurements and was able to get it about 3/4" closer after some cutting, grinding, and welding. Not super noticeable but I think it helps.

Before...

During...

After...

I'm running out of things to do that are a priority and don't require a lot of money.

Sooner or later, I'm going to have to lay out the cash for final TIG welding the rear suspension mounts.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow! I can't believe I haven't updated this thread in 6 months.

I have been plugging away working on the bike and it's not a long ways of from being finally done.

I'm just going to throw up some of the major updates but if you guys want more pics or info on something particular, I'm sure I have them.

Electrical Panel...

Indicator light panel...

License plate and turns signal bracket...

Fabricated mid-pipe...

Started -AN oil cooler lines...

Top mount steering stabilizer (with temp fitting bracket)...

Custom rear caliper bracket for a Brembo caliper from a Ducati...

There's a few other small tasks not mentioned but that covers the major ones.

Later, Doug

·
Sick of being frozen
1,085 Posts
Very nice, look forward to more progress.:rock:

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Haven't been posting in my build thread much but I'm still at it. Progress was slow as my attention was divided among too many bikes so I put a couple into storage so I can focus better.

Still haven't finished the wiring but scored a free fairing and windscreen, just had to pay shipping. Started by mocking up the position that I wanted. Kinda tough as I was dealing with handle bar, tank, and fork/lower triple clamp clearances.

Started making my own custom fairing mounting brackets as I would have to modify the stock one too much for what I'm planning.

Then started on modding the fairing.

Some prep work and a slightly smaller fill panel.

Fiberglass.

Sand, fill, repeat. Sand, fill, repeat.

Still need some spot putty in places but close.

Next step of the plan. (I picked 83 as it's the model year of the bike.)

That's where it sits so far. Hopefully much more progress this weekend.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Took the plunge!

Results!

With a LED flashlight for some effect.

Starting working on mounting solutions but didn't get very far.

Later, Doug

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Bring out the retro looks. Im doing it with my vfr

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
What color are you planning on using?

I kind of like the paint scheme on the rest of the bike. Only it was done before I got it and I have no idea who painted it or with what colors.

If I decide to do a complete repaint, I'd probably go with an orange base and stock looking graphics.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Small update.

Been working on the new fairing stay and headlight mounting system and ballast mount.

Also started working on a template for my speedo drive mount.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So I just bought a couple parts that will boost the performance of the bike a bit (pun intended).

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Been researching my butt off as of late with 750 Turbo upgrades and mods. Looks like I'm going to need a different C/S sprocket with less offset as the turbo and NA engine sprockets are not on the same plane from the factory. Since I plan on running a cone filter right on the turbo due to the VFR speedo drive being where the turbo airbox is plus a different than stock exhaust system, I'm going to enable race mode, add a BOV and AFPR. Luckily for my tiny budget I can mock-up the engine before buying all the add-ons. I'll probably aim for 12-13psi which according to 750turbo.com is good for 120-125whp or somewhere in there.

First I need to wrap up my the side project on my Kz1000.

Later, Doug

21 - 40 of 64 Posts