Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
It looks expensive
It does look expensive. It’s about $125 more than one of Koso’s upper end universal dash models but has more features. It probably costs about the same as all the individual gauges that I was going to use and is A LOT smaller. I still need the sensors but I’ll have about $750 all in for the setup. It has speed and RPM inputs and then 4 separate channels for sensors. So I’ll have fuel level, boost, and oil pressure.

Later, Doug

· Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Found a cool billet goodie from a place in South Africa called ACC Billet.

I’ll be using this as a donor for the filler area as the billet piece is designed for a Slingshot tank.

I’ve been wanting a single seat and tail piece for a few years now. I found this on eBay UK and the maker/seller ships to the US. The price seemed very reasonable considering what I paid for an Airtech front fender a couple months ago. I’m going to cut off the tank and use just the side panels back.

Later, Doug

· Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Got the Gsxr tank. The crease is a lot closer to the filler than the eBay pic showed.

I had to bust the Gsxr fuel cap lock open but don’t need the cap anyways.

Marked out an oversized area and threw lots of sparks.

Later, Doug

· Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
So….there was a HUGE snag with getting the Gpz body from eBay. Their Global Shipping Program wouldn’t ship the body as it was too big!!! So I got a full refund but I still wanted the body. I found the seller’s e-mail addy on another forum and went around eBay. All I can say is the seller is EXCELLENT to work with! I’m having him only mold a small portion of the tank past the side panels so I can still use my stock tank.

As you UK folks say, “I’m well chuffed.” :D

Later, Doug

101 - 106 of 106 Posts