Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to sell my '85 GPz900 cafe/fighter/ratrod on and off for a while then decide not to every time I ride it. Without saying how much I would ideally like for it, I want to know how much you guys would pay for this.

It's currently at 19xxx miles. Both tires are very new - less than 1k on both. The carbs have recently been cleaned and synced, it has braided brake and clutch lines, and a Nexxus exhaust system that's gonna be replaced with a stock system. It's badass.

On and B.T.W., I had a build thread on this a year or two ago.

Here's how she arrived to me for a mere $200 including delivery.

Me riding her earlier this summer.

Here are some almost-current pictures. Only thing different is now it has 2 gold bar-end mirrors.

And here's it owning my dad's SV650 last winter!

·
Operation Sketchy At Best
2,237 Posts
I sold my gpz cafe racer for 3k. Honestly i think that was way over priced but selling bikes in the summer is usually the best time

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Yea I'd put a nicer coolent over flow and put it for 2kobo. I just sold my 94 yzf750 fighter for 2,400. It's all about time of year and the person who wants it. You've gotta find the right buyer for a bike like that. Post it up on CL in all big cities within 2-400 miles and say you're willing to meet or deliver for the right price

·
Registered
740 Posts
I bought my 2003 Z1000, needing a little cosmetic TLC but otherwise fine with brand new tires, for $1,800.

Depends on the market but heavily customized older bikes tend to be ugly ducklings when it comes time to resell. You have to find that "one guy" who wants it, there's not a lot of general appeal, so unless you're willing to blow it out cheap be prepared to sit on it for a while.

I'd stick $2000/bo on it, and take $1500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts