Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if folks here have heard of this thing, but some guy with a shop did an event last year and this year where he 'sponsored' a dozen builds. Its mostly a harley engine / chopper thing (4 chops, 4 bobs, 4 cafe racers), but I submitted my build as a 'cafe racer'... and no suprise, wasn't picked. I'm not exactly in love with the thing for various reasons (like how it supposedly promotes 'built not bought' bikes, but 75%+ of the builds are from small shops) but hey, dude gives away free stuff, its his choice, right?

Anyhow, he also supposedly extends a huge (like "at cost") discount to ANYBODY who signs up for the "affiliate builder program". I'm doing it because hey, what can it hurt, he sells the same Continental Attack tires I want as everybody else so if I can get them cheaper, why not?

Info on sign up is here. Seems the basic requirement is just that you send an email with subject "ASSOCIATED BUILDER" to [email protected] and then post build picks to his thread. I persoanlly think it would be HILARIOUS to flood a chopper forum thread with fighter build pics...

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showpost.php?p=576851&postcount=184

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
LOL. That would be funny.

But seriously, isn't old bike barn that joint famous for not sending out people's stuff? Taking payment and not sending stuff for several months, then blaming it on backorder. I may have them confused with someone else, but if its the same folks, I've heard theyre hard to deal with. Returns too. Just saying ..

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
But seriously, isn't old bike barn that joint famous for not sending out people's stuff? Taking payment and not sending stuff for several months, then blaming it on backorder.
Yep. That's them. Steer clear if you like your money.

Why is this in Winter Buildoffs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts