Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Joined 10/09/17
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I have a 1987 Kawasaki GPZ600r (ZX600A3) which I will be rebuilding/Re-Streetfightering :confused: as my first attempt was... poor haha. I will be posting as I go with pics and progress to hopefully help others with their GPZ600. I am learning as I go, im no expert but I will add as much information as I can! as and when I learn it myself hahaha :D Here is my first attempt! now to make it a whole lot better with a full rebuild with conversions,
swaps and shiny bits!
 

·
Joined 10/09/17
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so so far I have installed 1995 Triumph Trident 900 yokes on the GPZ using just bearings for it to fit and taking about 2mm of material from the underside of the top yoke, off of the mating face between the top yoke and the locking nut underneath (that was hard to explain!)
I had to remove the material because there wasent enough thread from the stem to properly secure the bolt at the top, this is to install the Triumph Trident 900 front end and then later install the 3 spoke Daytona rim.
The bearings i used were 25x47x15 for the upper bearing and 30x52x16 for the lower bearing. So doing this mod will allow me to fit 42mm Dia Forks which will be better and look beef compared to the 36mm Dia forks on the bike already plus get rid of the Anti-Dive units to clean up the front aswell!

 

·
Joined 10/09/17
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay its been a while since i updated the thread as ive had lots to do haha, so heres lots of boring text and then a few photos at the bottom haha.

so so far i have stripped the frame, cut/tacked/welded the rear of the frame to how i want it ... ish haha, succesfuly installed a ZZR1100 C swingarm with ZZR1100 D wheel and all the gear needed, after a LOT of cutting and filling, messing around with bearings and spacers. still need to fit brake caliper torque arm and with the new swingarm sort the sprocket offset out and also with this swingarm i cant use stock foot controls so need to work something out about that too!.

Got the Original GPZ600r shock to fit with the ZZR1100 C dog bones and everything clears so far! will eventually change to a YSS shock.

using the Triumph trident 900 yokes to fit the ZZR 1100 D forks and front wheel as according to my research they both have the same diameter forks 43mm and centre to centre mounting distance 204mm so hopefully will fit fingers crossed!

Bought Simota pod filters so i can get rid of the airbox and clear up some space to fit battery box and what not.

Bought tapered handlebars, cnc machined handlebar clamps and triumph daytona switches to convert the front end into a more modern comfortable setup. not fitted yet but its on the table haha
 

·
Joined 10/09/17
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay more updates!

Drilled and fitted Tapered handlebars with custom aluminium spacers made at work to make the fitting more secure, will get these welded on eventually and CNC machined handlebar clamps/risers, also fitted a Domino KRR 1/4 turn quick action throttle which will be a massive improvement over stock controls and in the process of working out wire functions for triumph daytona handlebar controls :D
I have also been messing around with exhaust ideas and decided to buy a second hand GPZ1100 A1 aftermarket 4-1 exhaust with a LASER muffler on the end! for £25 well spent shmackeroooosss. might have the muffler hidden under the belly pan or something no idea yet just playing around, much better looking than old 4-2-1 nexus exhaust!
Also just bought the ZZR1100 D front wheel, spindle and forks! so should have a front end soon!

Anyway more pictures and stooof!



 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top