Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda grips do you guys run? My stock gixxer grips have bit the dust already, they make my hands numb. Any good ones out there with a decent price? I've also been toying with the idea of billet grips, anyone run billets???

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
I run pro grip. Cheap, grippy, look good. I've ridden some bikes with smooth billet grips. They SUCK!!! If you wear leather gloves, you have no grip what so ever. I do plan on getting a set of knurled billet grips. I rode a bike with a set and they rocked. You almost need gloves or they will rip your hands up.

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always wear gloves anyways, I'm thinking the vibration would be a bitch thru billets, so its kinda defeating the purpose of me getting comfy grips LOL

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
billets get HOT in the sun too. i can't stand a big bulky grip either. i have a big stockpile of oem suzuki grips, i use em on everything.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Pro Grip gel grips are awesome...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i got some renthal medium grips. im not into having slipping grippage.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
if you're just trying to kill some vibes, you can fill your bars with bb's and some silicon (to keep the noise away). it helps alot on most bikes.

·
Registered
340 Posts
DON'T RUN BILLET GRIPS FOR EVERYDAY RIDING!

I have them on the Daytona, and let me tell ya they are for looks only! I usually run dual compound grips, nice and comfy!!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
My Hayabusa barends are hollowed out and filled with bb's and silicone... made a huge difference.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
CdnStreetfighter said:
I've got OEM suzuki, too hard, I want them to be a bit cushier! I forgot to stop by the bike shop today, I guess thats tomorrow's mission.
go to rec theyll hook you up,hmm that reminds me i gotta go there to tomorrwow

·
Slow Ass Mutherfucker
385 Posts
I agree with Pro Grip Gel grips, or, if you don't mind the vibration, some Renthal race grips. They have great adhesion, but low vibration absorbption.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts